Mode shifting in school travel mode: examining the prevalence and correlates of active school transport in Ontario, Canada
- DATES OF THE MONTH. // Education Digest;Oct1959, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p59
The article presents a calendar of events on the educational associations in the U.S. on October 1959. The National Conference on School Transportation will meet in Washington D.C. on October 4-7. An event will be hosted by the National Council on Schoolhouse Construction will be held in Kansas...
- A MAGNIFICENT COMEBACK. Rosales, John // NEA Today;Nov2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p23
The article discusses how the Pulaski Association of Support Staff (PASS) fought for their job at Pulaski County Special School District in Arkansas. Pulaski County school bus drivers were paid based on the number of miles driven with at least one student on board. PASS went on strike while the...
- Shaker Road School: an instructive example of private education. McCord, Michael // New Hampshire Business Review;9/17/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p18A
Profiles the Shaker Road School in New Hampshire founded by Patti and Doug Hicks. Description of its amenities; Mission of the school; Views of people regarding the philosophy the owners wanted to convey to its students and the community.
- Transportation consortium saves school districts time. Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p20
Reports the creation of the Bronxville, Eastchester, Pelham and Tuckahoe Pupil Transportation Consortium by four school districts in Westchester County, New York. Share of pupil transportation services; Recognition from the Association of School Business Officials; Reduction of contracts with...
- Where To Find It. // American Teacher;Sep2006, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p31
The article presents information about various learning opportunities and provides web sites for more details. September is Backpack Safety America Month and organizers hope to prevent injury from the improper use of backpacks. The article discusses the Children's Book Writing Contest from...
- Making Great Time on a Lost Highway. Houston, Paul D. // School Administrator;Oct2004, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p52
Presents an article expressing views on educational reform. Interconnection between the universe and organizations; Information on the Descartian belief; Improvement of schools through organic solutions.
- THE REAL REMEDY. Blakely, Paul L. // America;6/5/1920, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p165
The article offers information on the problems encountered by various school institutions in the U.S. Several states in the country experienced shortage of funding needed for the daily operation of these institutions. According to Dr. Claxton, the problem can be addressed if the government will...
- In Recession-Battered Farm States, School Funding Imperiled. Sirkin, J. R. // Education Week;11/20/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the budget cutting by states inorder to finance school improvements or to maintain current services of schools in the U.S. The financial problems could led to dramatic changes by raising taxes and delivering services to the public. According to the National Association of...
- Free museum visit for every school child. Hubbard, Ben // Education (14637073);5/2/2003, Issue 100, p4
Provides information on the educational program launched by the Museums Association (MA) in Great Britain in May 2003. Statement from Jane Glaister, president of MA; Aim of the program.