COPD uncovered: an international survey on the impact of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [COPD] on a working age population
- Course of COPD assessment test (CAT) and clinical COPD questionnaire (CCQ) scores during recovery from exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Miravitlles, Marc; García-Sidro, Patricia; Fernández-Nistal, Alonso; Buendía, María Jesús; Espinosa de los Monteros, María José; Molina, Jesús // Health & Quality of Life Outcomes;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p1
Introduction: COPD exacerbations have a negative impact on lung function, decrease quality of life (QoL) and increase the risk of death. The objective of this study was to assess the course of health status after an outpatient or inpatient exacerbation in patients with COPD. Methods: This is an...
- Clinical Usefulness of the Two-Question Assessment Tool for Depressive Symptoms in Japanese Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Arimura, Yasuji; Yamazaki, Shin; Yanagi, Shigehisa; Matsumoto, Nobuhiro; Takegami, Misa; Hayashino, Yasuaki; Fukuhara, Shunichi; Nakazato, Masamitsu // Lung;Feb2013, Vol. 191 Issue 1, p101
Purpose: Depressive symptoms are highly prevalent in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and have been associated with poor outcomes. Developing a concise questionnaire to measure depressive symptoms in COPD patients is needed in outpatient settings. We evaluated the...
- Rates of compliance with home nebulizer therapy. Miller, Karl // American Family Physician;5/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p2255
Focuses on the recommendation of home nebulizer therapy for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) outlined in the study `Home nebulizer therapy for patients with COPD. Patients compliance with treatment and its relation to quality of life.' Reasons for the establishment of...
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. // American Family Physician;5/1/1998, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p2260
Focuses on a study outlined in `The Practitioner, January 1998 on Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Indication that COPD is a major cause of morbidity and mortality; Suggestion that cigarette smoking is of the major causes of COPD; Information on the treatments outlined.
- COPD: Beyond Pulmocentricity. // Neurology Alert;Apr2011 Primary Care, p7
The article discusses research on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) as part of a systemic process that goes beyond the pulmonary function, with reference to a study by Yvonne Nussbaumer-Ochsner and Klaus F. Rabe, published in the January 2011 issue of "Chest."
- Parsing the death toll of COPD. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;9/17/2009 Supplement, p135
The article reports on a study which examines the autopsies of patients who died within 24 hours of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) hospital admission.
- Antioxidants Rich Foods May Influence Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Evolution. Enescu, Oana // Maedica - a Journal of Clinical Medicine;2010, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p308
The article presents a research that examines the possible influence of antioxidants rich foods on the clinical evolution of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Revival of carbocisteine for prevention of COPD exacerbations. Parulekar, P.; Yavari, A. // Thorax;Dec2008, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p1045
A letter to the editor is presented regarding a study on the revival of carbocisteine for the prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- COPD failed to provide independent risk factor for lung cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;4/10/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses research being done on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as an independent risk factor for lung cancer.