Development of a practical tool to measure the impact of publications on the society based on focus group discussions with scientists
- Gregor Mendel and the Seven Genes (1). Yoshio Tateno // Interdisciplinary Bio Central;2013, Issue 5, p1
This essay describes G. Mendel's life and his law of inheritance. He was born in a poor family in 1822 in a hamlet in Czechs. At that time the Habsburg Empire dominated over the East Europe in which Vienna was the capital. Vienna had thus been the center of culture and learning, and attracted...
- Vienna University of technology. Karabatić, Ana // Ekscentar;2007, Issue 9, p21
The article features the Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Austria's largest scientific-technical research and educational institution. It was founded in 1815, and for nearly 200 years, has been a place of research, teaching and learning in the service of progress. TU Wien is also the...
- IN MEMORIAM: DIETER KASTOVSKY. Fanego, Teresa // European English Messenger;Summer2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p8
An obituary for Dieter Kastovsky, professor emeritus of English Linguistics at the University of Vienna in Vienna, Austria, is presented.
- Investigation of Nazi anatomy textbook to start. Charatan, Fred B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/22/97, Vol. 314 Issue 7080, p536
Details the promise made by the officials from the University of Vienna in Austria to investigate the university's involvement with Nazism. Efforts to determine the origins of the cadavers used for illustrations in an anatomy textbook by Eduard Pernkopf.
- Thermodynamic Properties of Lead-Free Solders with Ag-Cu-Sn, Ag-Ni-Sn, and Ag-Cu-Ni-Sn Systems. // Welding Journal;Sep2010, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p42
The article reports on the results of the study conducted by the researchers of the Institute of Inorganic Chemistry/Material Chemistry of the University of Vienna in Austria, which analyzes the thermodynamic properties of lead-free solders using Ag-Ni-Sn, Ag-Cu,Sn, and Ag-Cu,Ni-Sn, chemicals.
- 3D Printer Sets New World Record. // Assembly;Jun2012, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p22
The article reports on the discovery of the capabilities of two-photon lithography by the researchers at Vienna University of Technology in Austria to enable the creation of intricately structured objects.
- Are Flexible Solar Cells on the Way? // Green Builder Magazine;May2014, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p5
The article focuses on the diode made of tungsten diselenide constructed by the researchers at the Vienna University of Technology which can produce electricity.
- The machinery for recombination is part of the chromosome structure. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/12/2011, Vol. 21, p544
The article reports that the process of meiosis was analyzed by the research group of Franz Klein, who was a professor for genetics at the Max F. Perutz Laboratories of the University of Vienna.
- Air power. Zolfagharifard, Ellie // Engineer (00137758);9/7/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7779, p14
The article reports on the use of a pneumatically operated heart catheter pump developed by researchers at the Vienna University of Technology (TU Vienna) in Vienna, Austria.