Support for smoke-free policy, and awareness of tobacco health effects and use of smoking cessation therapy in a developing country
- RECLAMELE PROFUMAT ÅžI COPIII. Oros, Mihaela; MihǍlţan, F. // Romanian Journal of Pediatrics;2007, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p360
The viability and the success of the tabacoo industry are mainly ensured by smoking in adolescents. A part of the smokers dies because of smoking and a part quits so the smokers mass hass to be permanently renewed. The article emphasizes that tobacco adverstising plays an important part in...
- Pakistan: a hard and lonely struggle for the resistance. Simpson, David // Tobacco Control;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p294
Looks at the growth of tobacco advertising in Pakistan in 2002. Country's history of cigarette smoking; Sophistication of advertising campaigns; Recruitment of the traditionally non-smoking female population; Setbacks suffered by the health sector.
- Make Your Own Cigarettes: Characteristics of the Product and the Consumer. Rosenberry, Zachary R.; Strasser, Andrew A.; Canlas, Lauren L.; Potts, Jennifer L.; Pickworth, Wallace B. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Aug2013, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1453
Introduction: Despite a worldwide increase in the use of Make Your Own (MYO) cigarettes, there is little research characterizing MYO smokers in the United States and the cigarettes they make. Methods: In a single laboratory visit, exclusive MYO smokers brought 5 MYO cigarettes they prepared at...
- Teen smoking. // Pediatrics for Parents;1994, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Addresses the need for restrictions on tobacco advertising. Assertion that advertisements by tobacco manufacturers are aimed at children; Percentage of children smokers using the top three tobacco brands; Information from the Autumn 1994 issue of `Tobacco-Free Youth Reporter.'
- TOBACCO ADS SAID TO ENTICE ADOLESCENTS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p17
Reports on the influence of advertising on smoking of adolescents in the United States. Effectiveness of tobacco marketing.
- Big tobacco offers a peace pipe. // U.S. News & World Report;5/27/96, Vol. 120 Issue 21, p13
Reports that sweeping regulations have been announced by The Philip Morris Cos., America's largest cigarette manufacturer and the United States Tobacco Co., the biggest maker of smokeless tobacco. Efforts to curb underage smoking; Calls to ban tobacco sales in vending machines; Restrictions on...
- Oldtime ads tout health benefits of smoking: Tobacco industry had doctors' help. Mahaney Jr., Francis X. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;7/20/94, Vol. 86 Issue 14, p1048
Reports on American doctors' support for the tobacco industry during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Healthful alternative; Cigarette smoking among health professionals; Family tradition; Use of Hollywood stars by cigarette manufacturers.
- Targeting Tactics in Selling Smoke: Youthful Aspects of 20th Century Cigarette Advertising. Pollay, Richard W. // Journal of Marketing Theory & Practice;Winter95, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
Presents strategies on tobacco selling targeting adolescents and collegians by the cigarette industries in the U.S. Tactics used; Result of the strategy; Implications of the tactic on the public and private sectors.
- Cigarette advertising and onset of smoking in children: Questionnaire survey. While, David; Kelly, Sheila // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/17/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7054, p398
Reports on the correlation of advertising by the cigarette industry and the onset of smoking among children. Investigation on the uptake of smoking in a cohort of 11 to 12 year olds; Research design; Outcome measures; Indications that cigarette advertising increases children's awareness of smoking.