Cardiovascular disease by diabetes status in five ethnic minority groups compared to ethnic Norwegians
- Diabetes on rise, vision loss need not be. Blum, Karen // Ophthalmology Times;8/1/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p3
The article discusses the increasing incidence of diabetes in the U.S. wherein it is noted that 26 million Americans have diabetes.
- Protect yourself; prevent diabetes. Pratt, Timothy // South County Journal;10/12/2011, Vol. 56 Issue 41, pB2
The article offers information on the medical condition diabetes including its various types, the type of people at risk for it, and prevention tips.
- Introduction. Scobie, Ian N.; Samaras, Katherine // Fast Facts: Diabetes Mellitus;2009, p5
An introduction to the book "Fast Facts: Diabetes Mellitus," Third Edition, by Ian N. Scobie and Katherine Samaras, is presented.
- Prayer sign in diabetes mellitus. Upreti, Vimal; Vasdev, Vivek; Dhull, Pawan; Patnaik, S. K. // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p769
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on prayer sign in diabetes mellitus.
- Examination. // PT: Magazine of Physical Therapy;Feb2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p49
A quiz concerning diabetes is presented.
- CME Questions. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/5/2010, Vol. 152 Issue 1, pITC1.16
A quiz concerning the treatment of diabetes is presented.
- 5HT2A and 5HT2B Receptors Contribute to Serotonin-Induced Vascular Dysfunction in Diabetes. Nelson, PeterM.; Harrod, Jeremy S.; Lamping, Kathryn G. // Experimental Diabetes Research;2012, Special section p1
Although 5HT2A receptors mediate contractions of normal arteries to serotonin (5HT), in some cardiovascular diseases, other receptor subtypes contribute to the marked increase in serotonin contractions. We hypothesized that enhanced contractions of arteries from diabetics to 5HT are mediated by...
- Vascular Stem and Progenitor Cells in Diabetic Complications. Fadini, Gian Paolo; Madeddu, Paolo; Waltenberger, Johannes; Fiorina, Paolo // Experimental Diabetes Research;2012, Special section p1
The article discusses papers within the January 2012 issue of "Experimental Diabetes Research," about the pathophysiological and therapeutic implications of vascular stem/progenitor cells, including a report on how number and/or functionality of endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) could serve as...
- THE JACKSON HEART STUDY OF THE FUTURE. Taylor Jr., Herman A. // Ethnicity & Disease;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 22 Issue 3, pS1-49
The article discusses the importance of the Jackson Heart Study (JHS) and illustrates the future of JHS. It notes that the database of JHS contains more than 6500 data points on each of approximately 5000 participants. It cites the priority areas of the newly formed JHS working groups, which...