Controlling behavior, power relations within intimate relationships and intimate partner physical and sexual violence against women in Nigeria
- Education and Communication: Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence. Nelson, Eleano F.; Seawell, Asani // Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research;Winter2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p203
We examined the relation between sex and relationship education, communication, and prevalence of intimate partner violence (IPV) among college-aged women. We hypothesized that (a) women who received more comprehensive sex and relationship education would report fewer IPV experiences, (b) women...
- Del Laberinto Hasta el Camino Hacia la RecuperaciÃ³n de la Violencia. de Alencar-Rodrigues, Roberta; Cantera, Leonor M. // Revista Interamericana de PsicologÃa;jan-apr2013, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p61
This article analyses the factors that contribute and impede the cessation or reduction of partner violence. According to the literature review these factors are related to personal and external factors. The external factors are related to the answer given by the social network and social...
- Don't go changing. Gutfeld, Greg // Men's Health;Nov95, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p66
Discusses the importance for men to assume the dominant role in building more stable relationships with women. Avoidance of changing manly habits; Balance of dominance with women's needs and wants; Significance of individual freedom; Avoidance of feeling guilty for making decisions. INSET:...
- who's the boss? Daly, Melissa // Seventeen;May2001, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p106
Presents a quiz that determines whether the boy or the girl dominates in a relationship.
- 25 SIGNS SHE MAY HAVE THE UPPER HAND. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Dec2002, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p282
Presents 25 signs that shows the woman dominating the man in a relationship. Woman drives the better car; Man accuses partner of not listening; Phone conversations of the partner with her sister does not bother the man.
- Time to routinely screen for intimate partner violence? Bello Kottenstette, Jennifer; Stulberg, Debra; Mounsey, Anne // Journal of Family Practice;Feb2013, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p90
The article focuses on the findings of a systemic review regarding the significance of screening of women of childbearing age who experience intimate partner violence (IPV). The review addressed four questions on topics including whether IPV screening reduce exposure to IPV, screening techniques...
- Early Signs That He Might Be Abusive. Lowe, Victoria P. // Cosmopolitan;Jul2009, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p127
This article lists signs that a boyfriend may become abusive including blaming, resentment, and superiority.
- Una Experiencia de Investigaciï¿½n, Formaciï¿½n e Intervenciï¿½n con Hombres Penados por Violencia contra la Mujer en la Universidad de Valencia: Programa Contexto. Lila, Marisol; Catal�, Alba; Conchell, Raquel; Garc�a, Antonio; Lorenzo, Mar�a Victoria; Pedr�n, Vicente; Terreros, Elena // Psychosocial Intervention / Intervencion Psicosocial;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p167
In Spain, after the coming into force of Organic Law 1/2004 (Integral Protection Measures against Gender Violence) intervention programs for perpetrators of domestic violence have become necessary for the application of conditional suspended sentences in cases of gender violence. The aim of this...
- MARITAL INFIDELITY ON THE RISE. Deepalatha // Woman's Era;May2012, p7
The article discusses the increasing cases of marital infidelity in India. Several factors contribute to women having marital infidelity including being abused by their husbands, and being away from their husbands for a long time. According to some experts, infidelity is widespread among men...