Bullying -- And the Power of Peers
- Schools need strategies to fight threat of bullying. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;4/19/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p20
The article stresses the necessity for U.S. schools to adopt a proactive approach to the issue of bullying, according to observers.
- There's no place for hate. // Free Press (Buda, TX);1/25/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 42, p3B
The article offers information on the No Place for Hate campaign of the Hays County Independent School District (CISD), which is against student bullying.
- Mustangs students accept 'Rachel's Challenge' Cullen, Jim // Free Press (Buda, TX);11/3/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p3B
The article reports on the schoolwide assembly organized by the Dahlstrom Middle School in Buda, Texas for the anti-bullying program Rachel's Challenge, during which eighth and seventh grade students shared lessons with sixth graders to eliminate prejudice, use kind words in every conversation...
- New website designed to help teenagers stop bullying. // Graham Leader;7/1/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 92, p9B
The article offers information on the free availability of a web based anti-bullying program "I Choose" by Yoursphere.com to motivate school children to end bullying practices and to direct them to embrace good social values.
- Meet the New Sheriff. McCabe, Suzanne // Junior Scholastic;3/19/2012, Vol. 114 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses bullying in schools and informs that new anti-bullying legislation has recently come into effect in New Jersey and Massachusetts and 48 states now have anti-bullying statutes in U.S.
- Bullycide Project portrays young tragic lives. BEAUVAIS, IETERONNI // Eastern Door;3/22/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p17
The article offers information on the Bullycide Project launched by the Trust Theatre Ensemble, as an effort to combat and stop bullying in schools and colleges.
- Bully Busters. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;4/1/2011, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the efforts of fourth graders at the C. A. Farley Elementary school to stop bullying through staging of plays that demonstrate situations where bullying occurs and how to deal with such behavior.
- Homophobic bullying incidents to be recorded. // Schools OUT Newsletter;Mar2010, Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the implementation of compulsory school rules concerning the homophobic sexist and racist bullying incidents to the LBGT people in Great Britain.
- Program reduced gossip in schools. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Mar2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses a research study which showed that participation in a three-month anti-bullying program, Steps to Respect, has reduced malicious gossip amongst third- to sixth-grade students at six elementary schools in the Pacific Northwest.