Can Education Remain a Core Business at McGraw-Hill?
- MHC-Trib. Deal Done. // Publishers Weekly;9/11/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 37, p16
Reports that McGraw-Hill Cos. completed its purchase of Tribune Company's educational publishing unit plus estimated adjustments for working capital and sharing of income. Value of the transaction; Reason for the delay of the acquisition.
- McGraw-Hill To Buy Tribune Ed.; Fills In Language Arts And Literature Gaps. // Electronic Education Report;07/05/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p2
Reports the agreement of McGraw-Hill to acquire Tribune Education in the United States. Impact of the deal on the position of MCGraw-Hill in K-12 basal textbook market; Integration of educational texts with digital products; Expansion of business to an online K-12 learning network; Significance...
- McGraw-Hill To Buy Tribune Ed. For $635 Million, Boosts Presence In Supplemental Market. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Tribune Education company by McGraw-Hill Cos.
- McGraw-Hill Buys Tribune Education for $635 Million. // Curriculum Administrator;Aug2000, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p10
Reports on McGraw-Hill's acquisition of Tribune Education. Acquisition price; Tribune Co.'s plan to place its education division on the block; Leveraging the products of Tribune Education and McGraw-Hill; Government requiring McGraw-Hill to shed some of its assets.
- SWOT Analysis. // McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2005, p5
This article presents a business analysis of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., a New York-based provider of global information services, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. The company is a market leader as a provider of financial services,...
- McGraw-Hill To Acquire Torstar's Frank Schaffer Publications To Boost Children's Publishing. // Electronic Education Report;05/23/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p1
Reports the acquisition of Frank Schaffer Publications from Torstar by McGraw-Hill in the United States. Expansion of educational offerings; Improvement on the quality of elementary and secondary education; Reorganization of education units; Cause of the Torstar sale.
- McGraw-Hill Buy Boosts Slow M&A Quarter. // Electronic Education Report;4/26/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the acquisition of Reality-Based Learning Co. by McGraw-Hill in the U.S. Development of Internet-based reading software; Services offered by the companies; Improvement of transaction in the electronic instructional materials.
- McGraw-Hill Acquires K-6 Assessment Tool. // Electronic Education Report;8/30/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p5
Reports the acquisition of the assets of Bredex Corp. by McGraw-Hill Co. Education in New York. Assessment of Web-based instructional systems for kindergarten; Plans to expand Bredex systems; Development of digital products for classroom.
- McGraw-Hill Ed. Adds Large-Scale Test Reporting Capability With Acquisition of Grow Network. // Educational Marketer;8/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on business activities in the U.S. Books publisher McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. has acquired test-score reporting firm Grow Network for an undisclosed sum. McGraw-Hill gains Grow Network's proprietary technology, which creates score reports in an easy-to-read and use format. Key to...