Tuition Costs Continue Pressure on College Textbook Market
- Quality of Educational Environments (Postsecondary). // Quality of Educational Environments-Postsecondary;2000, p1
Presents information from the United States Department of Education on the quality of postsecondary educational environments.
- Fairfield University wins two federal grants. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/18/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p24
Reports on the recognition of Fairchild University for garnering two grants for programs that foster bilingual education from the U.S. Department of Education. Identification of the learning needs of the graduate students; Enrollment of immigrant and limited English proficient students; Sources...
- Colleges Scramble to Follow New Policies On Handling Campus Sexual Violence. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jul2011, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p3
The article reports that colleges across the U.S. are reexamining their policies on sexual violence as an answer to a letter sent by the U.S. Department of Education requesting them to make a prompt and transparent procedures in investigating and resolving sexual misconduct complaints.
- CAPITOL briefs. // Community College Week;7/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p3
Provides information on the fund being offered by the U. S. Department of Education to colleges and universities for the promotion of career education and development through technology. value of fund being offered; Deadline for fund application.
- Surveying the Crime Scene. Collison, Michele N-K // Black Issues in Higher Education;09/16/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p17
Discusses the proposal of the United States Department of Education for colleges and universities to provide more information about crime in their campuses. Basis of the proposal; Details on the Campus Security Act of 1990; Exemptions from the proposal.
- CHULA VISTA. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;7/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p26
The article reports that United States University (USU) has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of the most affordable for-profit universities in the country.
- An Attainable Dream. // ED Review;10/1/2010, p3
The article reports that the U.S. Education Department released a video dedicated to Spanish-speaking families, showing how attending college is more attainable and affordable than ever.
- Forbes' Ranks San Diego Best Business City. Zion, Lee // San Diego Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p27
Reports the proclamation of San Diego as best business city in the U.S. according to the 'Forbes' magazine's annual Best Places for Business in Careers. Notification on the emergence of high-technology; Growth in employment rate; Contribution of colleges and universities in winning the first place.
- HEIRAlliance releases guidelines for evaluation campus information resources. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the Higher Education Information Resources Alliance's (HEIRAlliance) release of a set of guidelines titled `HEIRAlliance Evaluation Guidelines for Institutional Information Resources,' for evaluating resources in colleges and universities. Organizers of the HEIRAlliance project;...