DNDO Plans Industry Day for Human Portable Tripwire
- Statistical software helps ensure nuclear safety. Chamberlain, Sara // R&D Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the automation of statewide nuclear radiation monitoring data processing, to ensure nuclear safety. Advantages of implementing the process; Details on how radiation detectors function.
- A computer-controlled Gerdien atmospheric ion counter. Aplin, K. L.; Aplin, K.L.; Harrison, R. G.; Harrison, R.G. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Aug2000, Vol. 71 Issue 8
Accurate measurements of atmospheric ions are desirable in order to investigate atmospheric aerosol processes. A cylindrical capacitor ion counter is described which has a flexible computerized control system, to allow selection of ion mobility by changing the bias voltage across the capacitor....
- Landauer eyes gains with new technology. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;04/19/99, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p51
Focuses on Landauer Inc.'s development of the optically stimulating luminescence (OSL) technology for radiation detection badges offered by the company for workers in hospitals, weapons laboratories and nuclear plants. Features of the technology; Comment by Brent A. Latta, president and chief...
- Measurements made in the SPS with a rest gas profile monitor by collecting electrons. Fischer, C.; Koopman, J. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2000, Vol. 546 Issue 1, p191
Measurements have regularly been performed during the 1999 run, using the Rest Gas Monitor installed in the SPS. The exploited signal resulted from electrons produced by ionisation of the rest gas during the circulating beam passage. A magnetic field parallel to the electric extraction field was...
- The High-Resolution Streamer Chamber. Sandweiss, Jack // Physics Today;Oct78, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p40
Deals with high-pressure streamer chambers. History; Classes of experiments that use the device; Features of the Yale streamer chamber.
- Laser induced enhancement in sensitivity of polymeric nuclear track detector CR-39. Kukreja, L. M.; Joshi, V. B.; Bhagwat, A. M.; Chatterjee, U. K.; Bhawalkar, D. D. // Applied Physics Letters;7/21/1986, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p181
It is found that the polymer CR-39 treated with a cw CO2 laser at a fluence between 13 and 30 J cm-2 shows enhancement in its track revelation sensitivity up to 1.6 times for the a particles and 1.8 times for the fission fragments from a 252Cf source.
- new products. // Physics Today;May82, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p101
Presents several physical instruments. Imaging particle detector from Surface Science Laboratories; Features of the Eastman Kodak ultrafast saturable absorber; Capabilities of the ENI HF-650 plasma power generator.
- Cutting-edge telescope seeks neutrinos at South Pole. Simarski, Lynn // Antarctic Journal of the United States;1994, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the operation of the world's largest neutrino detector in the Antarctic. Characteristics of neutrinos; Features of the neutrino detector.
- DNDO Assessing Alternative Global Nuclear Detection Architectures. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) in the U.S. to conduct a routine review of its Global Nuclear Detection Architecture.