Apple [APPL]: Sandia Develops Software App for Visualizing Post-Event Disaster Environments
- Sandia Labs: Testing is the easy part. Zerega, Blaise // InfoWorld;11/24/97, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p96
Focuses on Albuquerque, New Mexico-based Sandia National Laboratories' strategies in testing a computer software. Learning of the ins and outs of the application to be tested; Four phases of testing a software; Evaluation of each component of the software as development life cycles are completed.
- Free download. // Professional Engineering;4/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the launch of the Dakota software toolkit from Sandia National Laboratories on the Web.
- Sandia Labs releases no-cost optimizer and tool kit. Dvorak, Paul // Machine Design;7/11/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 13, p56
Introduces the Design Analysis Kit for Optimization and Terascale Applications 3.0 engineering software tool kit from Sandia National Laboratory. Features of the software; Capabilities of the software.
- CFD optimizes complex inlet design. // Design News;9/9/96, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p30
Reports on the optimization of computational fluid dynamics (CFD) design by engineers at Sandia National Laboratories using Fluent Inc.'s RAMPANT CFD software. Good performance characteristics provided by CFD while being undetectable by radar; Reduction of costly wind-tunnel testing on the...
- Dumbbell Computers Do Some Heavy Lifting. O'Malley, Chris // Popular Science;Apr99, Vol. 254 Issue 4, p50
Introduces the Visual-Empirical Region of Influence (VERI), a computer software for pattern recognition developed by researchers at the Sandia Labs of the United States Department of Energy. Idea behind the development of the software; Application of VERI.
- Handling Complexity. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul2000, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p67
Introduces the Archimedes 4.0 manufacturing software from Sandia National Laboratories. Capabilities of the software; Enhancement incorporated in the program; Applications of the program. INSET: INNOVATIONS.
- Computer Combats Disaster. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis; Coledan, Stefano; Ditlea, Steve; Fillon, Mike; Gleaves, Kathleen; Gourley, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Jun99, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the two computer programs developed by Sandia National Laboratories for nuclear weapons work to make buildings safer. Operation of the computer program; Simulation of buildings in extreme conditions.
- Smart Turbine Blades. // Power Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on a technique developed by a group of engineers at Purdue University and Sandia National Laboratories which uses sensors and computerized software in monitoring forces exerted on wind turbine blades. This technology is said to be part of an effort to develop a smarter wind...
- Electronic traveler tracks parts. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/11/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the Sandia National Laboratory in Livermore, California has developed a computer software program that tracks the progress and status of components and subassemblies as they advance through the manufacturing process. Aim of the software; Features of the software, called Electronic...