L-3 Communications [LLL]: Honeywell [HON]: Boeing's [BA]: DHS S&T Advances Location Tracking System for Emergency Responders
- NFPA hosts Urban Fire Forum 2006. // Fire Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 160 Issue 2, p44
The article reports on the National Fire Protection Association's 2006 Urban Fire Forum, which was held in Quincy, Massachusetts on October 19-22. Some of the topics discussed during the forum include the FEMA/Department of Homeland Security, the National Incident Management System, and resource...
- DHS FNS Branch Plans Technical Exchange Meeting with Domain Name System Leaders. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p18
The article announces a technical exchange discussion that will be held by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Network Security (FNS) Branch in Northern Virginia on July 18, 2011.
- THE ORANGE-AND-YELLOW YO-YO. Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;3/22/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p924
Comments on the use of five color terrorism threat warning chart by the U.S. Office of Homeland Security. Definition of the orange alert; Difference between the orange alert in February and March 2003; Opinion on the role of firefighters and police officers in the prevention of terrorism.
- DHS provides more than $490 million to America's Firefighters. // Homeland Defense Journal;Apr2007, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the announcement by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security (DHS) on the start of the fiscal year 2007 application period for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program. The AFG program will provide the federal resources to supplement local commitments towards assuring...
- DHS Invests in Wireless Health Monitoring. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Oct2010, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the investment of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to wireless monitoring of firefighters' health and safety through the advisement of its Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate in the U.S.
- President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee. Echols, Michael // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/30/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 146, p44641
The article offers information on the teleconference of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) to be held on August 16, 2012.
- Civitas Group CEO to speak at Homeland Security Solutions Conference. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the Homeland Security Solutions Conference and Exhibition on May 18-19 2004, in Baltimore. Organizers; Keynote speakers; Topics to be discussed.
- DHS Components Often Failing To Report Required Conference Attendance, IG Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/24/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) components to report conferences they hosted or attended as required, according to the DHS Inspector General (IG).
- Secure your spot at ChemSecure. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the "ChemSecure: Security Conference and Expo" to be hosted by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) in Arlington, Virginia. The event has been intended to support the efforts of the members of the ACC to implement the regulatory framework requirements of the U.S....