News Briefs ï¿½
- OUP archive boosts Humanities. Chillingworth, Mark // Information World Review;Oct2005, Issue 217, p33
This article presents information on the Humanities Archive from Oxford Journals, the first of a range of new backfile projects from Oxford Journals as of October 2005. Launched in July, the Humanities Archive from Oxford Journals, the journal publishing division of Oxford University Press will...
- Oxford Reference Online. Young Jr., Terrence E. // School Library Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p99
Reviews the book "Oxford Reference Online."
- Fall E-reference Update, 2011: Part 1; Databases. Quinn, Mary Ellen // Booklist;11/1/2011, Vol. 108 Issue 5, p42
The article presents information on updates to electronic reference databases for autumn 2011, including EBSCO Publishing's Art Source and Legal Source products, which include data from H. W. Wilson; The Reference Universe Administrative Module from Paratext; and Oxford Bibliographies Online...
- A virtual spyglass on the OUP bookshelf. Chillingworth, Mark // Information World Review;May2004, Issue 202, p23
Provides information on the Oxford Scholarship Online, an archive of academic information, from the Oxford University Press. Features of the Oxford Scholarship Online; Approaches in viewing the abstracts; Search options available to users.
- OUP seeks to heal wounds over online dictionary errors. // Information World Review;Apr2005, Issue 212, p36
Reports on the corrections made to the "Dictionary of National Biography" by the Oxford University Press on its online versions. Claims of the users of the dictionary on their book entries; Number of dictionary copies left.
- Oxford Puts Hundreds of References Online. // Computers in Libraries;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the announcement by Oxford University Press of the availability of language and subject dictionaries, Oxford Companions and other reference works on the Internet. Web site for the company; Features of the site; Subscription to the service.
- Oxford Scholarship Online Launched. // Computers in Libraries;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p49
Reports on the launch Oxford Scholarship Online, a resource containing scholarly texts in the humanities and social sciences, by Oxford University Press, in January 2004. Significance of the resource to Internet users.
- Biomedical. Sabroski, Suzanne // Online;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p12
This section offers news briefs related to online biomedical information services. Thomson Scientific has added more than 40 years or archived life sciences research to its BIOSIS Previews database on the Dialog and DataStar platforms. Ovid expanded its partnership with Oxford University Press....
- OXFORD REFERENCE ONLINE PREMIUM COLLECTION. LaGuardia, Cheryl // Library Journal;3/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p118
Reviews the Oxford Reference Online Premium Collection database published by Oxford University Press.