PARCC Revises Assessment Model
- Academics Hold Virtual Gathering. Rogers, Michael // Library Journal;4/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p29
Presents information on National Internet2 Day in the U.S. which will be held on March 18, 2004. Number of universities and colleges that will participate in the event; Number of universities comprising the Internet2 consortium; Goals for the event.
- Report finds BDS, pro-Israel activity increasing on U.S. campuses. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;8/25/2015, p1
NEW YORK (JTA) - Pro- and anti-Israel activity at U.S. universities increased in the 2014-15 academic year, with groups that support the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement against Israel springing up on more campuses and employing new strategies.
- Disentangling Teaching and Summative Assessment in Higher Education? Pros and Cons from Students' Perspectives. Coens, Joke; Sasanguie, Delphine; Clarebout, Geraldine; Elen, Jan // Education Research International;2012, p1
The impact of the examiner on students' perspectives on learning and assessment is investigated. A disentangling of support and evaluation roles was implemented for two courses. The lecturer did not have the responsibility for the summative evaluation. Instead, this was the task of an examiner....
- Twenty-First-Century Skills for Tomorrow's Leaders. Texley, Juliana // Peer Review;Winter2007, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p31
The article discusses the organizational skills of students in the U.S. Some straight-A students find the freedom of college too tempting and lose their organizational skills, while some homeschoolers blossom in academia. National testing agencies have boasted that their assessments have a high...
- Binghamton's 'CAMM' is Expected to Sped Microelectronics Manufacturing R&D. Mather, Lee // Advanced Packaging;May2005, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the Binghamton University in New York has been awarded a contract from the U.S. Display Consortium (USDC) to establish and operate the Center for Advanced Microelectronics Manufacturing. Location of the new center; Goal in establishing the center; Cooperation between the Binghamton...
- More US universities back open-access physics initiative. // Research Information;Jun/Jul2009, Issue 42, p8
The article reports on the redirection of physics journals subscription of U.S. universities and consortium to the Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics (SCOAP3) initiative. It notes that a sum of $2.3 million per year is pledged to SCOAP3 by U.S. libraries and...
- Year-round college? Sign me up. Clayton, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;8/24/99, Vol. 91 Issue 188, p16
Discusses for-credit summer programs at colleges in the United States. Reasons for offering higher education programs in the summer; Speculation on the acceptance of a 12-month academic year nationwide; Comments of Barmak Nassirian, associate executive director of the American Association of...
- Six Percent Rise in Students from India Studying in U.S. SPRINGER, RICHARD // India -- West;11/28/2014, Vol. 40 Issue 2, pA20
No abstract available.
- NTC -- What's That? Jacobs, Martin // AATCC Review;Jun2005, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p39
This article features the National Textile Center (NTC). NTC is a research consortium of eight U.S. universities and was founded in 1990. NTC is funded by the U.S. Department of Commerce to provide basic research in support of the U.S. textile/fiber industry. The center's purpose, as stated in...