College Publishers Fill Blackboard's Dance Card
- Wiley Gains Titles from Cengage Learning. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the acquisition by John Wiley & Sons of business and foreign language titles on the list of college textbook programs as a condition of its approval to Cengage Learning Inc.'s acquisition of Houghton Mifflin's College Division in the U.S. It notes that the former company...
- Wiley Canada in Deal with Canadian Press. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the partnership between John Wiley & Sons Canada Ltd. and Canada Press (CP) for a book publishing program. Features of the program; Remarks from CP president Eric Morrison on the deal.
- Blackboard Increases Buyout Loan. Colter, Allison Bisbey // High Yield Report;9/12/2011, p6
The article reports on the increase in credit facility that software maker Blackboard needs in order to fund its sale to Providence Equity Partners which, in turn, will merge Blackboard with Edline LLC.
- Blackboard Expands Scope and Vision. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the moves of Washington, D.C.-based Blackboard Inc. which has expanded its business scope and vision. It offers a background of the company which was acquired by Providence Equity Partners LLC for 1.78 billion dollars. It discusses Blackboard's expansion moves which...
- Wiley Sweetens Cookbook Catalog With Pillsbury-Branded Titles. // Book Publishing Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p5
Reports on the partnership of food giant General Mills and John Wiley & Sons for a new line of cookbooks for the Pillsbury brand in the U.S. Creation of a library of cooking and baking cookbooks by Wiley under the Pillsbury brand; Schedule of the release of the first title; Sale of the...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;7/31/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p6
The article presents news briefs in United States. It announces the partnership between HarperCollins Publishers in New York, New York and FanLib in Los Angeles, California, an online entertainment company. The John Wiley & Sons, Inc. major redesign on Wiley InterScience in its new and selected...
- Cengage Expands Digitally with 4 Partnerships. // Educational Marketer;6/13/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the partnership formed by Cengage Learning Inc., the second- largest college publisher in the U.S. with e-portfolio provider Pathbrite to incorporate the e-portfolio solution in Cengage Learning's MindTap digital learning platform. The $3.7 million funding led by Cengage...
- Wiley's Fiscal '04 Gets Off to Solid Start; College Revenue Rises 6.3%. // Educational Marketer;9/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the revenue growth of Hoboken, New Jersey-based company John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the first quarter of the fiscal year 2004. Factors for the growth in the revenue of the company; Impact of growth in sales of life-science titles of the company in enhancing the first quarter revenue;...
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;6/25/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the revenues of United States publishing firm John Wiley & Sons Inc. for its fiscal year ending April 2001.