Adoptions Proceed in Texas with Significant Changes
- Teacher training a vital part of 65% solution for Texas schools. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p11
The article focuses on the proposal of Texas Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to require school districts to spend 65 percent of their budgets on direct classroom instruction. The definition of direct classroom instruction involves activities associated with the...
- Perry piddles while Texas burns. McNeely, Dave // East Bernard Express (TX);2/17/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on Republican Governor Rick Perry's "State of the State" speech regarding public education in a joint session of the Texas Legislature on February 8, 2011, which allegedly sounded like his re-election campaign in 2010 against U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison and former...
- PSF Is Getting Back to Business. Williamson, Richard // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/18/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 47, p11
The article reports that the Texas Education Agency (TEA) announced the availability of the Permanent School Fund (PSF) bond guarantee program in 2010 in Texas. Education commissioner Robert Scott states that the program, which was made possible through the rulings of the Internal Revenue...
- Perry releases final decisions on bills. Sterling, Ed // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/19/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p3A
The author discusses Texas Governor Rick Perry's approval and veto of the legislation passed during the 83rd Texas Legislature regular session, in which one of the bills he vetoed was the House Bill (HB) 217.
- Budget main reason for Special Session in Austin. // Malakoff News (TX);6/ 1/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 22, p9A
The article reports on the special session of the Texas Legislature that was called by Governor Rick Perry to address important fiscal matters including the adoption of economic and structural incentives aimed at enhancing the quality of Medicaid services.
- Perry gives parting speech as legislative session begins. Sterling, Ed // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/21/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p4
The article argues on the parting speech of Texan Governor Rick Perry during a joint session of the House and the Senate on January 15, 2015 days after the opening of the 140-day regular session of the 84th Texas Legislature in which Perry reflects on the things that they have done together.
- Gov. Perry awards more than $1 million in DATE grants to Abilene ISD. // Stonewall County Courier (Aspermont, TX);8/28/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p6
The article reports on the $1 million fund awarded by Texas Governor Rick Perry to the Abilene Independent School District through the District Awards for Teaching Excellence (DATE).
- Governor reacts to health care proposal. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;11/24/2013, Vol. 138 Issue 29, p11A
The article reports on various topics including the rejection of U.S. Governor Rick Perry on the proposed changes in the ObamaCare, an increase rate of traffic deaths in Texas from 2011-2012, and the 2013 state accountability system ratings released by the Texas Education Agency on November 7.
- The Flynn Report: Review of the 83rd Session. Flynn, Dan // Grand Saline Sun (TX);6/20/2013, Vol. 116 Issue 25, p6
The article reports on the 83rd session of the Texas Legislature regarding the resdistricting by the state Governor Rick Perry in June 2013, which also discussed topics including the state budget, education, and water management.