Wiley Higher Ed Revenue Grows 8.6% in Fiscal 2011
- STOCKS TO WATCH. Ipsen, Erik // Crain's New York Business;5/21/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p4
The article reports developments related to stocks in New York. The shares of Vornado, the real estate investment trust whose stock has tripled over four years have slipped nearly 17 percent. InterActive Corp.'s shares has declined by one percent. The shares of 200-year-old publisher John Wiley...
- With College Revenue Up Almost 5%, Cengage Is Cautious About Rest of Year. // Educational Marketer;11/24/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on the financial performance and business condition of Cengage Learning Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut with a 5% increase in the U.S. college revenue in the July-September 2008 period. The company salespeople project a positive business outcome for 2009 but its validation will...
- Wiley Sees Digital Having Impact in Higher Education Results. // Educational Marketer;9/27/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p2
The article offers information on the results of the fiscal 2011 first-quarter financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the U.S. It mentions that the company's digital sales has impacted the margins of the higher education segment as its contribution to profit increased by 26 percent....
- Scientific Learning Revenue Declines As SaaS Transition Continues. // Electronic Education Report;5/14/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the decline of Scientific Learning Corp.'s revenue in the first quarter of 2012. It notes that the revenue of Oakland, California-based Scientific Learning was 7.1 million dollars which is a 32.1% decline from the same period in 2011 as software as a service (SaaS)...
- AEC Growth Driven by Online Instruction. // Electronic Education Report;10/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p1
The article focuses on the financial growth of American Education Corp. (AEC). It says that AEC has increased its revenue by 6.9 million dollars in the first half of 2009 as driven by online instruction penetrating school districts. Chief executive officer (CEO) Jeffrey Buttler notes that the...
- Blackboard, eCollege Begin 2007 With Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of electronic-learning infrastructure software providers Blackboard Inc. and eCollege Co. in the U.S. from January to March 2007. Both companies accounted a favorable revenue with 46.6 percent to $55.3 million and 23.2 percent to $14.8 million for...
- Sales, profits jump at Wiley. // Publishers Weekly;6/24/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the financial gains posted by John Wiley & Sons as of April 30, 1996. Rise in sales and net income; Increase in profit margin over figures in 1995; Acquisitions made by Wiley.
- Wiley looks to acquisitions, Intl. expansion. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/4/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 36, p12
Reports that John Wiley & Sons spent $12.3 million on niche acquisition in the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Expansion of business through new products; Performance of international sales.
- Wiley has third year of solid growth. // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p22
Reports on the financial performance of John Wiley & Sons Inc. for the fiscal year ended April 30, 1995. Revenues; Net income; Sales.