McGraw-Hill Cos. Plans to Shed Broadcasting Group
- McGraw-Hill Deliberates Sale or Spin. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p5
The article discusses the process of separating McGraw-Hill Education (M-H Ed) from McGraw-Hill Cos. It mentions that the company is deliberating on the sale or spin-off options of the business and is due to make a decision in October or November 2012. A number of private equity firms have shown...
- ON WALL STREET, McGRAW-HILL FINANCIAL WILL STILL BE "MHP.". // Media Industry Newsletter;12/3/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p7
The article reports that the corporate dynamic of McGraw-Hill Cos. on the New York Stock Exchange will remain unchanged as it sells McGraw-Hill Education to Apollo Global Management.
- McGraw-Hill Ed Goes to Apollo Global for $2.5B. // Educational Marketer;12/3/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 24, p1
The article reports that McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. has decided to sell its 2.29 billion dollars Education segment to private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC. The 2.5 billion dollars deal is expected to be closed by the end of 2012 or early 2013. McGraw-Hill decided to sell the segment...
- THE McGRAW-HILL-TO-BLOOMBERG "BUSINESSWEEK'S" STAFF CARNAGEâ€¦. // Media Industry Newsletter;11/23/2009, Vol. 62 Issue 45, p1
This article reports projected job cuts at "Businessweek" (BW) as the closing of the sale of McGraw-Hill Cos. to Bloomberg L.P. on December 1, 2009 nears. The purchasing deal was announced on October 13. It poses a question whether the high standard of BW journalism will continue under incoming...
- The big time. // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug1972, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p3
This article focuses on the intervention of a Mexican-American coalition, backed by the Office of Communications at the United Church of Christ, in the projected sale of five Time-Life TV stations to McGraw-Hill at a price in excess of $65 million in the U.S. After the Federal Communications...
- Why J.D. Power Sold His Namesake Firm to McGraw-Hill. Smith, David C. // WardsAuto Dealer Business;May2012, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that James David Power has sold his company J.D. Powers and Associates (JDP) to McGraw Hill Cos. through Jac Nasser, former president of Ford Motor Co.
- Memo Pad. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/27/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 88, p9
The article offers information on developments related to the fashion industry. It mentions that Time Inc. is planning for a round of layoffs across its various magazines and divisions which is expected to be huge in terms of staff reductions. It affirms that executives at McGraw-Hill Cos....
- Today's Transactions: Apollo Buys McGraw Hill Education Unit for $2.5B. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/3/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the purchase of McGraw Hill Cos.' education unit by private equity firm Apollo Global Management LLC worth 2.5 billion dollars.
- MHC Sells Kids' Retail Unit to School Specialty. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p97
Reports on the sale by McGraw-Hill Cos. of the M-H Children's Publishing unit to School Specialty Inc., as of January 2004. Terms of the agreement; Importance of the acquisition for School Specialty; Background information on the companies.