Publishers Work on Search Engine Optimization
- Time To Tag. Gladney, Dave // Learning & Leading with Technology;Aug2013, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p16
The article discusses the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), which developed a metadata tagging system for filtering online educational materials based on categories such as grade level, educational standards, and quality of materials. Internet search engines such as Google,...
- The role of evaluative metadata in an online teacher resource exchange. Abramovich, Samuel; Schunn, Christian D.; Correnti, Richard J. // Educational Technology Research & Development;Dec2013, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p863
A large-scale online teacher resource exchange is studied to examine the ways in which metadata influence teachersâ€™ selection of resources. A hierarchical linear modeling approach was used to tease apart the simultaneous effects of resource features and author features. From a decision...
- Microsoft and Creative Commons add ontologies to Word. // Research Information;Apr/May2009, Issue 41, p5
The article reports on the collaboration between Microsoft Corp. and Creative Commons to develop an ontology add-in for Microsoft Word Office 2007. It states that the collaboration enables authors to add scientific hyperlinks to their documents and research papers drawn from ontologies, and to...
- All Talk. // Use of English;Spring2012, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p176
The article evaluates the educational resource All Talk, by B.T., available at www.bt.com/alltalk.
- sifting the data. Waters, John K. // T H E Journal;Jan2013, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p15
The article offers information on the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), led by the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) and Creative Commons and managed by Dave Gladney, AEP project manager. The aim of the LRMI, that is, to develop a metadata framework for describing...
- CENTRE OF ATTENTION. Godfrey, Laura // Quill & Quire;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses how metadata can help publishers increase the online visibility of their books. A book's metadata includes title, author, ISBN, and price, however, information such as cover image, author biography, awards, and book review excerpts, can make the difference. In 2009, BookNet...
- Want to Learn to Belly-Dance? Brew Beer? Click Here. Nerenberg, Kate // Washingtonian Magazine;Jun2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p11
The article reviews the web site www.monkeysee.com.
- Lakeshore Classroom Designer. // Children's Technology Review;Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p17
The article offers information on the Lakeshore Classroom Designer at http://bit.ly/iixQJe from Lakeshore Learning Materials.
- Arts & Letters Daily. Langley, Steve // English in Aotearoa;Oct2010, Issue 72, p88
The article reviews the Web site Arts & Letters Daily, located at www.aldaily.com, from Dennis Dutton of Canterbury University.