BhS owner Green tops the rich list
- A BATTLE OF THE TITANS. // In-Store Marketing;Sep2002, p18
Comments on the interest of Philip Green, known as the undisputed king of retail entrepreneurs, in business deals. Plans of Green for the company Arcadia; Views about Green's being discontented in business; Information about the luxurious life of Green.
- Bhs to compete with Krispy Kreme. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);11/13/2003, p7
Food retailer BHS Ltd. owner Philip Green is planning to enter Great Britain's doughnut market with an in-store concessions to take on Harrods' Krispy Kreme outlet. Retail entrepreneur Green is drawing up plans for the trial of a doughnut offer, with a provisional launch date of 2004. The...
- ENVY WITH Green. Blakeley, Kiri; Kroll, Luisa; Goldman, Lea // Forbes Global;3/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p58
Features British retail entrepreneur Philip Green. Retail operations in Great Britain owned by Green; Amount of the sales and profit generated by the retail empire of Green; Career background of Green.
- Speakers' corner. Rickwood, Emma // Director;Aug2004, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p15
Presents quotations on different issues from several business entrepreneurs. Philip Green of Arcadia; Mark Bradley of Subway; Emma Rickwood of Benjy's.
- Pay up or lose. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;6/11/2004, Issue 5392, p8
Analyzes the capability of businessman Philip Green to acquire Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) in Great Britain. Failure of Green to provide details on the value of the listing which promted the valuation of the companys' shares; Implication of the appointment of Stuart Rose as chief executive...
- HOW HE MADE HIS PILE PHILIP GREEN. // Management Today;Dec2003, p15
This article presents profile of Philip Green, Owner of Arcadia and Bhs, a maverick retail entrepreneur worth Â£ 1.85 billion. He is Britain's sixth-richest man and a Forbes billionaire. Green bought high street chain Jean Jeanie for& pound; 65,000 in 1984, sold it a year later for& pound; 3...
- GRAPEVINE. // Lawyer;11/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p64
This article presents information on different issues related to law. The anti-semitism case brought by Simmons & Simmons partner Robert Schon rumbles on. With no obvious signs of a settlement, the Employment Tribunal held a directions hearing on September 24, 2004, during which a case...
- Sir Philip Green is taking [...]. // Evening Standard;11/14/2013, p8
Sir Philip Green is taking on the might of Marks & Spencer's food halls as the billionaire said he plans on opening convenience stores in up to 150 of his BHS sites.
- GREEN CREDENTIALS. Mills, Lauren // In-Store;Nov2006, p17
The article reports that retail tycoon Philip Green is still leading the industry despite challenges in some of his businesses. He was able to secure the services of interior designer Kelly Hoppen to create an exclusive range of furniture and accessories for Bhs. He had also persuaded celebrity...