Philanthropy, September 11 and the Family
- Keeping philanthropy in the family. Guntzel, Jeff Severns // National Catholic Reporter;3/11/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p3a
Looks at challenges faced by Catholic philanthropic endeavors. State of Catholic philanthropy; Potential of foundation giving to create the life of community; Challenges and opportunities unique to family foundations; Interest of young people in philanthropy.
- Family Action rebrand. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;8/27/2009, p25
The article reports on the success of Family Action after rebranded from Family Welfare Association in Great Britain. The charity will celebrate its 140 years of supporting vulnerable families in October 2009. It has grown over the years to encompass a wide range of frontline family support...
- Family foundations 'thriving' in Europe. Little, Mathew // Third Sector;5/19/2009, p7
The article focuses on the Family Foundation Philanthropy report, a study conducted by the Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy in 2009, which compared trends in family foundation giving in Europe. The study measured family foundation philanthropy and found it was worth Â£908 million...
- So You Want to Be a Philanthropist. Lindsay, Drew // Washingtonian Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p94
The article discusses ways to develop a strategy for giving. According to the author, a donor-advised fund is an account hosted by a foundation or other institution and it functions much like a family foundation. The author adds that another instrument of philanthropy is the giving circle, a...
- Firm Foundation. West, Kevin // W Magazine;Nov2008, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p180
The article focuses on philanthropist Wallis Annenberg's family foundation, the Annenberg Foundation. The Los Angeles, California branch of the has given away $3.6 billion over the past two decades and still has $2 billion in reserve. Annenberg grants have also paid to build a...
- Season of Giving. // Kids Tribute;Winter2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p12
Presents information on several charities that help less fortunate children around the world.
- Foundation forms new focus for grant giving. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p18
Reports that the William J. and Dorothy K. O'Neill Foundation of Cleveland, Ohio, has narrowed the focus of its general grant making to projects specifically designed to improve the business operations of grant seekers. Advantages of the narrowed scope of the foundation's awarding of grants;...
- Humanitarianism at home. // Hastings Center Report;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p3
Advises that on November 1, 1994 the humanitarian relief agency AmeriCares opened a free primary care clinic in Norwalk, Connecticut to serve under- or uninsured members of the community. The clinic's use of real-time teleconferencing to work with distant specialists; Number of patients treated...
- Giving. Kindsvater, Lisa // Las Vegas Business Press;02/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on charitable institutions in Nevada. United Way's effort to meet and surpass its fundraising goals; Increased need for volunteers of the Catholic Charities; Activities of various charitable institutions.