Cautious Optimism for Long-Term Care Insurance Sales…
- Inflation Protection: Is The LTC Industry On The Right Path? Crawford, Jack // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/21/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p17
Reveals that a portion of long term care (LTC) insurance premiums are for inflation riders. Benefit increase options offered by LTC policies; Factors that will impact on the projected need for higher LTC benefits.
- Shared Benefit LTC Policies: Their Time Has Come. Driscoll, Marilee // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/2/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 35, p32
Discusses the suitability of sharing by couples in the United States of the benefits of long term care insurance policies. Methods for adding such benefits; Insurance riders; Case for skipping the 14 percent additional premium of the shared benefit policy.
- 4 Steps to Designing an LTCI Plan. Jaehnke, Denise // Life Insurance Selling;Feb2012, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p48
The article provides insights on the four steps to designing a long-term care insurance (LTCI). It offers information on the variety of long-term care policies including asset-based, shared benefit, and limited-pay of an LTCI. The four ways include the selection of a daily benefit (DB), the...
- Money MANAGEMENT. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;03/05/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p124
Addresses questions about personal finance management. Responsibility of the insurance plan administrator to approve a hardship withdrawal; Ways to invest in bonds; Information on when and how to purchase long-term-care insurance.
- 10-Pay Has Wide Appeal To Boomers. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/22/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 44, p31
Discusses how 10-pay plans can help baby boomers provide for their long-term care insurance (LTCI) needs while they are still in their peak earning years. High price of 10-pay policies; Suitability of the product to small business owners and executives; Tax deductibility of the entire cost of...
- More Americans Are Seeking Long Term Care Insurance through Their Employers, ACSIA Partners Reports. // Insurance Broadcasting;9/25/2014, p1
It's a win-win trend, the industry leader says, with bottom-line benefits for employers and government as well as employees and their families.
- Idaho LTC Partnership Sets Inflation Shield Standards. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/1/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 1, p23
The article reports that the Idaho Bulletin Number 06-7, states that it will not let policies be eligible for the state's new Long Term Care Insurance Partnership Program use a coverage purchase options as the main vehicle for protecting policyholders against inflation. Moreover, state officials...
- TEN TIPS FOR SELECTING LONG-TERM-CARE INSURANCE. Budish, Arnold D.; Sochacki, Zachary J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul93, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p134
Selecting the best long-term care insurance policy for a client is a difficult decision. This article provides ten tips for analyzing and comparing policy provisions, including inflation riders, waiting periods, benefit qualifications, and premium wavers.
- Is This Insurance Right for You? Ziff, Laurence // Accounting Today;Jul2004 Wealth Provider Supplement, p21
The article discusses long-term care insurance in the U.S. Reasons on why there is a growing interest in long-term care insurance are outlined. Information that should be regarded in deciding if the care insurance is applicable and the kind of policy to be considered are provided. Long-term care...