Nielsen Tests iPad Measurement With TWC, Cablevision
- Time Warner, Nielsen join to test measurement tools. // MediaWeek;11/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 41, p6
Reports that Time Warner (TW) and Nielsen Media Research signed an agreement covering TW's myriad local and national television broadcasting businesses in the United States. Value of the deal; Conditions under the agreement between the companies.
- Streaming Gains As TV Falls. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/4/2014, pA01
7 Online video streaming surged 60% in Q3 while traditional TV viewership dropped 4%, Nielsen said. But on average Americans still watched more than 141 hours of real TV monthly, or 4 hours daily. Web streaming jumped to 11 hours a month from 7 hours last year, but that doesn't include views on...
- FiOS Fishes for Showtime Buys. // Multichannel News;10/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p40
The article reports on interactive mobile device applications for television which were released by Verizon Communications Inc. and Time Warner Cable Inc.'s Oceanic division and allow television subscribers to sample television program episodes and purchase them with a remote control unit.
- iPad: A Nifty TV Sample Center. // Multichannel News;10/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p31
The author offers his views on Time Warner Cable Inc.'s TWCable TV app for the iPad which reportedly has a limited television program selection that inspired him to watch channels and shows that he does not usually watch on regular television.
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p48
Reports on developments in television broadcasting in the United States as of April 3, 2000. Includes the inclusion of Dayton, Ohio as a metered market by Nielsen Media Research; Extension of retransmission agreement between ABC and Time Warner Cable; Cancellation of the television program...
- People meters push right button. Hall, Lee // Advertising Age;5/12/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 19, pS-22
The article reports on Nielsen Media Research's plan to begin using its controversial local people meter (LPM) technology in 2003 in Los Angeles, California. Nielsen and many ad agencies are optimistic about the plan to expand LPM use to the top 10 television markets by 2006. Time Warner Cable...
- BIZ TRACKS TABLET TUNE-IN. // Daily Variety;3/29/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 63, p1
The article reports on a new collaboration between Disney-ABC Television Group and Nielsen Media Research Inc. to track iPad usage in the U.S. It relates that the partnership involves assembling a panel of 200 iPad users who can opt in to downloading a meter that tracks everything they do on the...
- Nielsen Sees Progress With VOD, DVRs. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the partnership of Nielsen Media Research with Time Warner Cable and Comcast Corp. to explore gathering television viewership data off set-tops and to track video-on-demand usage. Views of Nielsen CEO Susan Whiting on its partnership with the two companies; Effort of Nielsen to...
- VOD:. // CableFAX Daily;8/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 152, p2
The article presents updates on video-on-demand (VOD) deals in the U.S. Time Warner Cable launched a Dodgers VOD channel after taking over Adelphia and Comcast systems in Los Angeles, California. A VOD distribution deal was made by Lionsgate with TVN for Lionsgate's motion pictures. Insight will...