- TDS Buys Baja Broadband. // Multichannel News;3/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p18
The article informs that cable operator company Baja Broadband will be bought by TDS Telecommunications Corp. for 267.5 million U.S. dollars.
- Tech, Media & TelecomTDS Buys Baja Broadband for $267.5M. COLLINS, ALLISON // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/4/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on the plan of Telephone and Data Systems Inc. to acquire cable company Baja Broadband LLC for 267.5 million U.S. dollars.
- Deals Of The Day... // CT Daily;2/26/2013, p1
The article offers information on South Carolina based AFL Telecommunications LLC has acquired Australia based Optimal Cable Services Pty. Ltd. to set its business and customer base in Asia continent. It also reports that Telephone and Data Systems Inc. is planning to buy all of the assets of...
- Online Poll. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/17/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p8
The article presents statistics on the best way to sell an existing business.
- Psychological war. Spilka, George // Electrical Wholesaling;May99, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p73
Offers advice to sellers of companies on `the art of the deal'. Controlling the `psychological battlefield' of negotiations; Establishment of an aggressive price; Deal's critical juncture; Quick closure; Finer points.
- To strike off or not to strike off--that is the question. Mason, Karen; Smith, Nigel // Chartered Accountants Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the options for companies that has disposed of its business in New Zealand. Use of the Companies Act as a means of distributing the capital profit tax-free to shareholders; Liquidation of assets; Striking off. INSET: Summary..
- New Jersey changes its policy on treatment of IRC Sec. 338(H)(10) transactions. Rothstein, Jack // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p62
Focuses on the New Jersey Division of Taxation's treatment of the sale of a business when an election is made under Federal IRC Sec 338(h)(10). Federal tax treatment; Policy changes; Refund opportunity.
- Sell-the-company proposals proliferate in 1996. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the proliferation in the United States of sell-the-company proposals among shareholder groups. Distinction between proposals with a financial focus and those that address social concerns; Labor movement's interest in sell-the-company proposals.
- Selling and staying--it isn't easy!!! // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Discusses considerations in selling a business enterprise. Capital; Added challenge of staying on in a management role; Consultation with a lawyer and an accountant; Beginning of the year as the best time to sale a business; Researching on the company acquiring the business.