FCC: LightSquared Mustn't Mess With GPS
- Energy Production Concerns about LightSquared. Luthi, Randall // GPS World;Jul2011, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p8
A letter is presented from National Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) president Randall Luthi to U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski which presents the concerns of the NOIA on the pending status of Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) spectrum to LightSquared Inc.
- FCC PONDERS NET AUTHORITY. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p3
Information about the topics discussed at a hearing by the Senate Commerce Committee in April 2010 in Washington is presented. The topic was focused on the implementation of the National Broadband Plan by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). According to Julius Genachowski, chairman of...
- Genachowski to advocate using wireless devices as medical tools. Feinberg, Andrew // Hill;5/16/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 61, p14
The article focuses on the advocacy of Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to use a mobile body area network (MBAN), a wireless system, as a medical device.
- FCC head touts spectrum auctions. // Daily Variety;1/12/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that Julius Genachowski urged the U.S. Congress to give his agency the authority to conduct voluntary incentive auctions that would free up spectrum for broadband bandwidth for use by wireless devices.
- LightSquared Poses Threat to GPS. // Air Safety Week;8/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p5
The article presents the statements of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the adverse effects of LightSquared Inc.'s high-speed wireless network to the global positioning system.
- LightSquared Network Interferes with GPS, Says Board. // India -- West;1/20/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pB5
The article reports on the contention of the Space-Based Positioning, Navigation and Timing national executive committee that the proposed wireless network of Reston, Virginia-based LightSquared Co. could interfere with Global Positioning System (GPS) devices.
- A Full Accounting. Butts, Tom // TV Technology;2/16/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
The article offers the author's insights on the plan of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski to release more mobile spectrum to be used for wireless communication services in the U.S.
- FCC mandates mobile data roaming for wireless carriers. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;4/7/2011, p2
The article focuses on the mobile data roaming mandated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for wireless carriers. It states that under the FCC order, data roaming agreements should be reached by facilities-based wireless carriers with other facilities-based wireless carriers at...
- FCC: U.S. Faces Cellular Spectrum Gap. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/12/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p49
The article reports on the cellular spectrum crisis that could be faced by the U.S. According to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski at the International CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment show, the lack of spectrum will hinder affordable mobile broadband service in...