Serving Fans, Filling Niches
- Make-goods eat 3rd QTR inventory. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;8/2/93, Vol. 3 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the third quarter performance of cable networks in terms of media buys. Low second quarter ratings; USA Network's coverage of the U.S. Open.
- Talkin' Bout Hey, Now! Fromm, Emily // Adweek New England Edition;10/18/99, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p152
Features the advertisements for Nickelodeon cable television (TV) network. Description of the ads created by Kidvertisers; How the ads show the connection between what is in the TV shows and children's lives; What the ads seek to promote.
- Cable upfront off and running. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/27/96, Vol. 126 Issue 23, p33
Focuses on the performance of cable television advertising in the 1996 upfront season in the United States. USA and Turner cable networks as the most active sellers for the year; MTV's position at the sidelines due to multiple-year contracts acquired in 1995.
- Nick Sells Sister Co. on Cable's Power. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p92
Focuses on the use of Nickelodeon cable brand as an advertising medium by Paramount Parks and Paramount Pictures. Enhancement of Nickelodeon installations in several parks; Increase in local cable advertising budget to promote theme parks; Development of `Rugrats in Paris: The Movie'; Impact of...
- Toon Disney Tours for Most Animated Kid. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/4/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p94
Reports the promotional tour launched by Toon Disney in the United States. Mechanics of the advertising campaign; Objectives of the tour; Support extended by DirectTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. on Toon Disney.
- On a learning curve. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p53
Reports on the increase in The Learning Channel's (TLC) subscribers in 1993. Projected increase in advertising revenue; Appeal of TLC's high-end demographics and programming to advertisers; Percentage of TLC's budget spent on original programming.
- Ops Say 'Bravo' to Uscale Sales Gains. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p28
Focuses on United States-based cable television network Bravo's insertable subscriber cable television advertising business as of December 11, 2000. Increase in the network's advertising sales; Sales promotions.
- 'More butter!' Food Network makes shows great theater. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, pS10
Reports that the Food Network is becoming more and more popular in the late 1990s due to its offbeat programming. Details of shows aired on the network such as chef Emeril Lagasse's show and `Two Fat Ladies'; Effect of the networks' success on its ability to attract advertisers.
- Phone home. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the joint marketing venture between MTV, MCI and other television networks tied to MTV's spring break coverage. Youth as the target market; Other sponsors of the event; Advantage to advertisers.