FX Pins Down UFC Deal
- MuchMusic goes 'Live.' Toushin, Abbi // Daily Variety;2/5/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 48, p10
Reports the launch of the television program 'Dedicate Live' at the MuchMusic USA. Schedule of the launching; Format of the show; Details on the airing of the show.
- USA to add live programing to daytime lineup. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;9/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 38, p48
Reports on USA Networks' addition of live programming to its daytime schedule with the expansion of `USA Live' into a one-hour daily programming block. Schedule of airing of the show; Details of refitting and reorganization of the show; Comment from president Rod Perth.
- La Dolce Divas. Kim, Albert; Karger, Dave // Entertainment Weekly;04/30/99, Issue 483, p10
Focuses on VH1's `Divas Live '99' television program. Performers; Viewership; Remarks from VH1 exexutives; Divas 2000 forecasts.
- Talk's air traffic controller. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p22
Announces that veteran news anchor Bobbie Battista will be officially appointed as permanent host of `Talkback Live,' the daily interactive talk show of Cable News Network (CNN). Departure of former host Susan Rook; CNN insiders and other personalities who have tried out for the job; Skills...
- Viva las `Divas'. Marchand, Nolan; Reinstein, Mara // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p136
Reports on the ratings earned by VH-1's `VH1 Divas Live '99' television special which aired in the United States in April 1999. Program as the highest-rated single telecast for a music network; Controversies involving performers Missy `Misdemeanor' Elliott, Cher, Tina Turner, and Elton John.
- Emeril kicks Food Network up a notch. Petrozello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/98, Vol. 128 Issue 44, p52
Reports on New Orleans, Louisiana-based chef Emeril Lagasse's television program `Emeril Live' which is shown on Food Network. Features of the show; Information on Lagasse.
- Sports burns bright in Sunshine State. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;11/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 44, p14
Reports on Sunshine Network's launch of the cable television sports show `Live!' Total amount of the advertising revenue for the show; Viewers' acceptance generated by the show during its two-week test.
- `Hard Rock' on a roll. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;06/01/98, Vol. 128 Issue 23, p20
Reports on the efforts of Warner Brothers and VH1 to initiate a franchise with their own brand and flavor in the television series `Hard Rock Live.' Who has signed on as the show's title sponsor for 1998; Change of the show's schedule; Comments from Erik Frankel, executive vice president for...
- Octagon mates: Spike, UFC. Nordyke, Kimberly // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/26/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 56, p6
The article reports that the cable television network Spike TV and the firm Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) have signed a contract to extend their partnership by three years. The contract will enable the network to broadcast the reality television program "The Ultimate Fighter" and 39...