Pretty Price: Insight Sells for $3B in Cash
- Time Warner to Acquire Insight Communications. Noto, Anthony // High Yield Report;8/15/2011, p17
The article reports on the confirmation by Time Warner Cable Inc. on its decision to take Insight Communications Co. Inc. from private equity (PE) in the amount of three billion U.S. dollars. Insight is a New York-based company that provides cable and high-speed Internet services to 750,000...
- Time Warner Cable to Acquire Midwest Cable Operator. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the merger agreement between Time Warner Cable Inc. and Insight Communications Co. in the U.S. in August 2011, which is valued at 3 billion U.S. dollars.
- NCTA Board Re-Elects Leaders. // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p12
Presents a list of the board of directors elected at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in May 2004. Glenn Britt of Time Warner Cable; Brian Roberts of Comcast Corp.; Michael S. Willner of Insight Communications.
- Time Warner to Acquire PE-backed Insight. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p14
This article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Insight Communications Co. Inc. in 2011. Time Warner will buy the business for three billion U.S. dollars from Carlyle Group, Crestview Partners and MidOcean Partners. Bank of America Merrill Lynch and UBS Investment Bank...
- Plan Surfaces to Take Insight Private. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the proposal of Stanley Knafel and Michael Willner, co-founders of Insight Communications, to privatize the company. Terms of the proposal; Potential benefits of the proposal to the company; Indications of the move of Knafel and Willner.
- Comcast Proposes $45 Billion Buyout of Time Warner Cable. Preimesberger, Chris // eWeek;2/13/2014, p1
The article reports on the 45 billion dollar buyout of Time Warner Cable, proposed by media giant Comcast. On February 13, 2014, the two media giants confirmed that they will join forces. When the deal is complete, shareholders of Time Warner will own about 23% of Comcast's common stock. The two...
- TWC Eyes 2 Divisions: Sources. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p28
The article reports on the move of Time Warner Cable Inc. to consolidate into two divisions from five region, aiming to increase efficiencies that could also result in some operational executive vice president leaving the company voluntarily.
- Michael S. Wilner. // Multichannel News;4/7/2003 Supplement, Vol. 24, p4
Profiles vice chairman and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, Michael S. Willner. Customer base of the cable operator as of April 7, 2003; Awards given to the company by Cablevision magazine and Communications Technology magazine; Public-affairs initiatives taken by Willner;...
- Upbeat show, downbeat topics. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;05/14/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the cable telecommunication industry in the United States. Comments from Michael Willner, president and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, on the industry; Readiness of cable networks for competition; Advantage of television and computer to cable.