What Will Google Do With Motorola?
- Motorola Unit Could Turbocharge Google's Mobile Wallet Plans. CROSMAN, PENNY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p17
This article reports on an agreement entered by Google Inc. to acquire Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. in 2011. Google will purchase the company for 12.5 billion U.S. dollars. The acquisition will enable the search giant to design, manufacture and distribute its own mobile phones. Google chief...
- Google buys Motorola Mobility. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;8/15/2011, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. by Google Inc. for $12.5 billion in cash in 2011. It says that the move will strengthen Google's entry in the hardware aspect of the commercial mobile-device market. According to chief executive officer (CEO) Larry Page,...
- Google Acquires Motorola Mobility. // Tele-Service News;Jun2012, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. by Google Inc. in 2012. It says that the acquisition will help Google Inc. to enhance its competition in the mobile computing industry and help the firm in boosting the Android ecosystem. It states that Motorola Mobility...
- Moto sale shows folly of special tax breaks. // Crain's Chicago Business;8/22/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p14
The article focuses on the issue of tax breaks for the sale of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. to Google Inc. Illinois Governor Pat Quinn gave Motorola generous payroll tax breaks in return for continuing to employ thousands in the state. Larry Page, chief executive officer (CEO) of Google, said...
- Google's patent play: $12.5B for Motorola Mobility. LIEDTKE, MICHAEL; SVENSSON, PATER // Chicago Weekend;8/24/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the business opportunities that Google Inc. can achieve if its acquisition plan for Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. in 2011 will be approved.
- Google's patent play: $12.5B for Motorola Mobility. Liedtke, Michael; Svensson, Peter // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;8/24/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p3
The article informs that Google Inc.'s deal to buy cellphone maker Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. at 12.5 billion dollars brings Motorola's more than 17,000 patents to its side which is expected to help Google Inc. in defending its operating system Android against lawsuits.
- Google's Motorola takeover suspended by EC. // Flare (Pakistan);1/15/2012, p61
The article reports on the suspension of the review of the Google Inc.'s merger with Motorola Mobility Holding Inc. by the European Commission.
- EPIC ACQUISITION. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Google Inc. to Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc.
- Google Acquires Motorola. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/22/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p8
The article reports on the plan of Google Inc. to acquire Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc. in the U.S. in August 2011, which will establish the major search engine firm as a key player in the software and hardware markets.