- USA still searching for laughs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p28
Focuses on the failure of USA Network Entertainment to have a successful original comedy series on its program schedule. Status of the network with other programs; Information on the failure of USA's prime-time sitcoms; Comments by Rod Perth, president of USA Network Entertainment; Details on...
- Programmer brings `fresh set of eyes' to USA. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p96
Informs about the plan of USA Networks Entertainment to launch several new programs on USA and the Sci-Fi Channel. List of programs.
- CityVision on the move. Brown, Sara // Broadcasting & Cable;03/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the CityVision local programming network project by USA Networks Incorporated, which includes the acquisition of Paxton Communications. Comments from Adam Ware, executive vice president of USA Broadcasting; Information on additional acquisitions by USA; Plans by USA to sell Rapid...
- USA ADDS MINIS ON SAT. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/18/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 33, p8
Reports that USA Network has begun counterprogramming sports on the broadcast networks Saturday afternoon with television movies and mini-series. High ratings that Lifetime keeps getting when it runs television movies every weekend afternoon; USA's gameplan for the last quarter of 2000.
- Taking the fight out of `Springer' Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;04/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p2
States USA Networks Studios announced plans to take measures to eliminate fights among its guests, under fire for the content of `The Jerry Springer Show,' in April, 1998. Why this announcement was made; Comments made by Christian Pinkston, executive director of former education secretary, Bill...
- USA turning to Crime. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
Reports the acquisition of the Crime.com Web site by USA Networks in the United States. Comments on the decision; Details on the programming of the network; Features of the Web site.
- USA to spend $5 million on TV ads. // MediaWeek;05/26/97, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p3
Announces the launching of the $5 million television advertising campaign of USA Networks Entertainment.
- The late shift and more. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p81
Profiles Rod Perth, president of USA Networks Entertainment. Educational and personal background; Career history; Achievements; Fall 1997 lineup of programs by USA Networks.
- USA adds new shows. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p82
Reports that in an effort to add more original programming to its schedule in 1996 and 1997, USA Networks Entertainment will broadcast a puppet based sitcom called `Rudy,' and a drama series of `La Femme Nikita.' Comments from USA's president Rod Perth; Cancellation of sitcom `Campus Cops' by...