Stocks Tank, Wiping Out 2011 Gains
- Third-Quarter Slump Hit Cable Stocks Hard. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p24
The article reports on the performance of the overall cable stock market in the U.S. for the third quarter of 2011. The Dow Jones Industrial Average has declined by 12.1 percent while the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 index has decreased by 14.3 percent. There was also a decline of stocks from...
- For Cable Stocks, a Year to Forget. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the status of cable companies in the U.S. in the stock market for fiscal year 2008. It notes that the slowdown of the economy and the fall down of the stock market are the main causes of the decline, but still managed to perform better than they did in 2007. Details on the...
- Cable-Operator Stocks Stay Afloat. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p6
The article discusses the performance of cable stocks in the United States in September 2008. Shares of the major public traded multisystem operators (MSOs) enjoyed a 1.9% increase for the period. Between September 22-25, 2008, just one MSO stock lost ground. On September 18, 2008, the Dow Jones...
- Wall St. Still A Rough Ride. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p2
The article reports that the cable stocks continue to decline in the market. It states that the cable sector showed a gain of about 5.7% up until October 17, 2008 but the sector is still down about 24% for the year. Among the cable companies which have performed better in the previous week...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- HOW HIGH IS UP? FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;6/24/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p12
The article discusses various aspects related to the increase stock market revenues of the cable television industry in the U.S. in 2013. It further presents several charts depicting the financial performance of various cable operators across the country in 2012 including Comcast Corp., Liberty...
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.