What Puts the 'Velocity' In 'Service Velocity'?
- A pursuit-evasion problem with a constraint on the distance between objects. Krikovlyuk, A. // Cybernetics & Systems Analysis;Sep2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p799
A trajectory pursuit-evasion problem is considered under constraints on the velocities of the counteracting objects and on the distance between them. This level of the model study brings the tactical capabilities of designed pilotless aircraft closer to the tactical capabilities of the existing...
- ALGORITHM TO DETERMINE THE ROTATIONAL SPEED OF THE MAIN PUMPS. Shabanov, V. A.; Sharipova, S. F. // Oil & Gas Business;2013, Issue 4, p20
The article considers the problems of regulation modes of pumping oil through main pipelines switching the number of the pumps. Explain the rationale for the use of variable frequency drives to regulate the performance of the pipeline. Specified technological section of the pipeline recorded...
- A New Sector Positioning Method of the SVPWM Reference Voltage Space Vector. Gaoming He; Mei Wang; Jinming Gan; Chaoxiang Liang // Information Technology Journal;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p927
Induction motor speed control is an important means to improve the efficiency of electric power and the Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation (SVPWM) control technology is widely used in induction motor speed control. In this study, synthesis method of the SVPWM reference voltage space vectors and...
- ON LIPSCHITZIAN STABILITY OF OPTIMAL SOLUTIONS OF PARAMETRIZED SEMI-INFINITE PROGRAMS. Shapiro, Alexander // Mathematics of Operations Research;Aug94, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p743
Studies the continuity properties of optimal solutions of parametrized semi-infinite programming problems. Lipschitzian stability of optimal solutions under cone constraints; Stability of optimal solutions of the semi-infinite programs.
- Traveling at warp speed. Stover, D. // Popular Science;May90, Vol. 236 Issue 5, p80
Discusses the visual effects of traveling at close to the speed of light. Looks at various computer graphics techniques being studied by Ping-Kang Hsiung of Carnegie-Mellon University.
- Speed kills--and sometimes it's suicide. Henry, Craig D. // Management Review;Apr97, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p62
Emphasizes that speed is not always best and sometimes rushing decisions and actions is like corporate suicide and it will not ensure success. How the quality of a decision is independent of the speed with which it is made; How bad managers resort to crisis management.
- Faster, Gentler Space Travel. Berman, Bob // Discover;Apr2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p29
Focuses on the speed of travel in the outer space. Study on the velocity of matter; Requirements of miles per hour; Importance of space travel.
- Research Reports. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p100
Reviews the research report `Speed Doesn't Kill: The Repeal of the 55-MPH Speed Limit,' by Stephen Moore.
- Reply. Emanuel, Kerry A.; Bister, Marja // Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences;12/1/97, Vol. 54 Issue 23, p2778
Focuses on a reply to the differentiation in results of the theory for velocity and buyoancy scales in moist convective clouds. Reference to the article to which this reply was made; Identification of the two elements in the construction of velocity, fractional area, and buoyancy scales.