Verizon Gets Clipped in Patent Duel
- Verizon Socked With TV-Patent Bill. // Multichannel News;9/3/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the decision of a federal appeals court which orders Verizon Communications Inc. to pay $260 million to interactive TV vendor ActiveVideo Networks Inc. for violating the vendor's patents in the U.S.
- General law. // Reporter;Dec97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Provides information on the statutory bases for recoupment of Air Force members, which relates to advanced educational assistance. What advanced educational assistance includes; Debt which members have to pay when subject to recoupment of advanced educational assistance; Indepth look at...
- Texland to file counterclaim. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 38, p2A
The article reports on the counterclaim filed by Texland Electric Cooperative to collect the account of about $1 million in interest against Cattleman's National Bank in Texas.
- Court orders utility to pay for `cancerphobia' losses. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;10/18/93, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the New York Court of Appeals' decision that power utilities reimburse landowners who stand to lose on public anxieties over the effects of high-voltage lines in their property. Outcome of Criscuolas' case against the New York Power Authority; Results of studies linking...
- Deals Of The Day 09/24/12. // CT Reports;9/24/2012, p1
The article offers business news briefs in the U.S. ActiveVideo Networks Inc. settles its ongoing patent dispute with Verizon Communications Inc. Clearlake Capital Group LP owns substantially all the assets of mobile-device-management software designer Mformation Technologies Inc. InCNTRE 's SDN...
- Courtroom 08/27/12. // CT Reports;8/27/2012, p1
The article discusses court case where in defendant was asked to pay for the customers video-on-demand services provided by plaintiff. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit in Washington D.C. ruled in favor of plaintiff ActiveVideo Networks Inc. where in Verizon Communications Inc....
- Recoupment Re-Examined. Kohn, Shalom L. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Spring99, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p353
Analyzes the recoupment doctrine in bankruptcy in the United States. Application of the doctrine under the Bankruptcy Code; Comparison between debtor-centric and non-debtor prejudice perspectives; Limitation of the doctrine to precoupment; Distinction between precoupment and postcoupment.
- Did EPA act unreasonably in causing delay leading to property destruction? // Appraisal Journal;Oct93, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p627
Presents the `Wilson v. Com' case on delay leading to property destruction. Ocean-front property owners' demand for compensation from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for loss of their homes due to natural forces; Details of the case.
- Counting the money. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p48
Argues how to calculate the compensatory damages for the injured party. Study on civil jury's decision to O.J. Simpson's case; Settlement offer in terms of injury or death; Value of fringe benefits; Claims for deceased person. INSET: What does a damage award cover?..