Comcast's Road to 20 Billion VOD Views
- Comcast Makes $39.95 Pitch in New Jersey. // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p89
Reports on the discount on digital video recorder and free video-on-demand content service offered by Comcast Corp. in an effort to attract satellite subscribers in Northern New Jersey as of May 2005. Price of the service per month.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;9/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p4
Presents news related to cable television in the U.S. as of September 13, 2004. Plan of Comcast Corp. and the NFL Network to launch a video-on-demand (VOD) component; Decision of VOD service provider Kasenna Inc. to release its network-based line of digital video recorder product; Postponement...
- DVRs and VOD in Symbiosis. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p18
Reports on video-on-demand (VOD) and digital video recorder (DVR) services of cable operators in the U.S. Use of VOD service in homes with and without DVR; Claims of Time Warner and Comcast according to a June 2004 report from television research firm Lyra Research; Views of Steve Hoffenberg,...
- Comcast CFO Bullish on VOD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/9/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p36
The article reports on the increase in on-demand viewing among subscribers of cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. The company stated that it has registered 6 billion on-demand views in less than four years. It added that on-demand consumption averaged 250 million views per month equating to...
- Comcast to Stage Network DVR Trial. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p30
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to conduct a field trial of a remote-storage digital video-recorder (RS-DVR) service that will ease whole-home DVR implementations.
- TECH Briefs. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/13/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p16
Presents news briefs on the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of December 13, 2004. Negotiation initiated by Comcast with television networks regarding the use of video-on-demand platform developed by Comcast in promoting television programs; Launch of a digital video recorder...
- Vendors Fast-Forward Net DVR Plans. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p36
The article reports on the increased efforts of the video-on-demand (VOD) vendors to offer VOD systems for high capacity Remote Storage-Digital Video Recorder (RS-DVR) services.
- Comcast Joins DVR House Party. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article evaluates the AnyRoom DVR service from Comcast Corp.
- COMCAST TO LIGHT UP CLOUD DVR, IN-HOME TV STREAMING. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p15
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has recommended to unify the multi-system operator's (MSO)'s Cloud digital video recorder (DVR) and an in-home television (TV) streaming service using its multi-screen X2 interface.