Big Media Expects Digital Sales Gains
- Could antitrust cops cuff media mergers? Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;9/1/95, Vol. 87 Issue 195, p3
Questions the effects of media mergers that have taken place recently, and plan of several large media business houses to gain access to more mergers. Comments of analysts on the mergers; Comments of Mark Cooper, research director for the Consumer Federation of America; Various reasons related...
- Media merger, morphs, mutation. Lawrence, Jay // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 47, p9
Considers the impact of mass media mergers in radio, television and magazine on industry growth. The role of the Internet; Which media are preferred.
- Music, music, music. // U.S. News & World Report;1/16/89, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p52
Reports on recent mergers in the entertainment industry. Boom in the music publishing industry and song royalty fees.
- Best Part of 2013: A Step Closer to Election '14. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p24
The article reports on the forecasted political spending in the U.S. mass media industry in 2013. TVB president Steve Lanzano suggests measuring revenue in two-year blocks to get rid of the unjust year-to-end comparisons and focusing on core revenue, which should be increased by up to 2% to 4%....
- Pa. weeklies merge. // Editor & Publisher;7/29/95, Vol. 128 Issue 30, p31
Reports on the merger between `Record-Outlook' and `Enterprise,' two sister weeklies in Pennsylvania, to form the `Record-Enterprise.'
- Who Will Win the War on Nielsen? Wolff, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;10/23/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 35, p16
The article discusses potential implications of the merger between media measurement firm Rentrak and digital analytics firm ComScore for market information provider Nielsen. Topics explored include the television (TV) and film audience measurement standards of Nielsen, the challenges associated...
- Headlines From the Week in Media. // Adweek;5/9/2011, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p11
News briefs on the mass media industry are presented including on the resignation of Judy McGrath as chief executive officer of MTV Networks, a television advertising campaign for Internet search company Google Inc., and the acquisition of the social media company TweetDeck by the social media...
- Growth Via Acquisition Is Part Of Media-Tech Firm's DNA. KEVIN DOBBS // Investors Business Daily;12/28/2015, pA06
The article reports on the growth of JT Global (JCOM), a conglomerate corporation based in Los Angeles, California, focusing on its merger & acquisition (M&A) activities as of the third quarter of 2015. It presents the insight of JT Global president and chief financial officer Scott Turicchi on...
- Out of the Reeds. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;9/28/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p15
The article presents business forecasting for radio broadcasting in 2010. There are indications that radio broadcasting, especially local radio stations, may be at the end of a decade-long decline which began in 2000, and which saw an overall loss of revenue of 23 percent in the first half of...