Cable Gets Into the Music Act
- LAUGHS TRACKED. Rizzo, Cabita // Hollywood Reporter;8/10/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 44, p5
The article discusses the Fox Broadcasting Co.'s television (TV) program "Glee" which is nominated for the best comedy series category. It states that the "Glee" will compete with two premium cable shows including HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and Showtime's "Nurse Jackie." It also focuses on the...
- MCN Buzz Meter. // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p34
Several charts which show the rankings of television programs on various cable television networks from April 27 to May 3, 2011 are presented including "William & Kate: The Royal Wedding," "Glee," and "Conan."
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Premium Blend. Schumacher-Rasmussen, Eric // Streaming Media;Dec2010/Jan2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
The article offers the author's view on television (TV) contents that succeed and those that did not. He says that successful TV shows such as "Jersey Shore," "Boardwalk Empire" and "Glee" have premium marketing and public relation (PR) supported by a major broadcast or cable network. He adds...
- MCN Buzz Meter. // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p30
Several charts are presented that list the cable top 10 television programs and the broadcast top 10 television shows for May 25-31, 2011 including "America's Best Dance Crew," "Piers Morgan Tonight" and "Glee."
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.