Green 'Games' Win Viewers for Disney, Cash for Charity
- Magic of Disney. // PRWeek (London);2/1/2008, p8
This article reports that Walt Disney Company has partnered with Great Ormond Street Hospital in the corporation's biggest charity deal outside the U.S. The campaign will involve all the public relation (PR) teams of Disney. Â£10 million is the target money for the redevelopment of the hospital.
- Highly leveraged buyout deals now a thing of the past. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;4/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p19
This article presents developments related to investments in the United States. Buyout funds are larger than they were a few years ago, when firms were last fundraising and so are the firms sponsoring the funds. And yet, none is gobbling up Walt Disney Co.-sized companies. Many of the fabled...
- 'Parade' pairs with charity to tout Bake Sale fund-raiser. Thompson, Stephanie // Advertising Age;3/3/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses the plan of "Parade Magazine" to partner with hunger-relief organization Share Our Strength for an April 27, 2003 national fund-raising event called the Great American Bake Sale. The event hopes to create an annual platform for additional advertising revenue. The Great...
- How Harvey Weinstein Survived His Midlife Crisis (For Now). Mnookin, Seth // New York;10/11/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 35, p39
Focuses on the survival of Walt Disney Co. CEO Harvey Weinstein from the challenges faced in life and in the field of business in New York City. Impact of glucose levels on Weinstein's health; Discussions made to raise money for the funding movies as an independent producer; Role in the...
- Untitled. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/19/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 10, p20
The article presents information about various fun raising events for charitable purposes. The 20th Annual Nautica Malibu Triathlon took place at Zuma Beach in California. The participants of the triathlon included Robert Iger, chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Co., athlete Carl Lewis...
- NEW 'MILLENNIUM'. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/10/2006, Vol. 396 Issue 25, p34
The article offers information about the 2006 UCLA's Millennium Ball. The event honored Walt Disney Co.'s chief Robert Iger, raising nearly $5 million to help fund the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, a state-of-the-art facility slated for dedication in June 2007. Performances by Alicia Keys...
- Disney dreams up monument. Higgins, Bill // Daily Variety;3/2/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 45, p15
The article highlights the Dream Dinner sponsored by Walt Disney for the benefit of construction of the Martin Luther King Jr. National Memorial in Washington. Bob Iger, president and CEO of Walt Disney Co., said that the event was held for the purpose of honoring the legacy of Luther King and...
- THE MOUSE STILL ROARS. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;10/6/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p40
Reports on the economic contribution of Walt Disney Co. in Orange County, California. Growth of the tourism industry; Provision of work opportunities; Renovation of the convention center.
- Disney to launch online safety campaign. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/5/2012, p6
The article reports that Disney will launch an online safety campaign using its Club Penguin virtual world and magazines.