TCA Critic's Summer Notebook: Lewis' MDA Labors Are Ended
- Wake up and smell the reality. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p3
Reports on the broadcast networks' presentations at the Television Critics Association presstour in Pasadena, California. Fox programming executives' renewal of the company's dominant position in the reality show market; National Broadcasting Corp.'s plan to launch reality series, like `Chains...
- MTV stays home. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Reports the return of the Television Critics Association (TCA) tour to Pasadena in California. Demands of TCA from cable networks; Failure of MTV Network to comply with the TCA requirements; Issue regarding the presence of MTV Network in New York.
- Synditel: So long for now. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p30
Reports on the United States-based television critics group Television Critics Association's cancellation of the Synditel event during its year 2000 critics tour. Television celebrities' failure to attend the event.
- Freshmen lead class of '02 for TCA noms. Feiwell, Jill // Daily Variety;6/4/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 2, p32
Presents the television programs nominated for the annual Television Critics Association Awards in Los Angeles, California. Number of nominations secured by 'Six Feet'; Categories of the awards; Aim of the awards to honor programs with a distinguished track record in television.
- Journos flip over CNBC's freebie. Richmond, Ray // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p5
Reports that cable network CNBC distributed Motorola cellular phones to reporters and critics during the Television Critics Association's 1996 press tour. Television journalists' reactions to the giveaway.
- For new net plans, press here. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the discussion of reality television programs at the Television Critics Association meeting in Los Angeles, California. Offer of reality series in six major broadcasting networks; Possibility of strike by the Writer's Guild and Screen Actors Guild; Development of the reality series...
- Broadcasters show wares to critics. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p40
Presents a preview of the fall 2000 broadcast network presentations at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, California. Speech by Prince Charles Napoleon about the Public Broadcasting System's upcoming `Napoleon' documentary; In-person appearance by comedian Jonathan...
- TOUR SOUR ON NO-SHOWS. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the Television Critics Association Press Tour's Synditel which showcased syndicated television programs in the United States. Non-appearance of several upcoming syndicated programs and stars at the event; Withdrawal of Paramount's `Dr. Laura' and MGM's `Sex Wars' from the show due to...
- Programmers strut their stuff. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Reports on cable television programmers' campaign for their program offerings at the Television Critics Association's winter tour in California in January 2000. Home Box Office's touting of the ratings for the second season of the soap opera `The Sopranos'; Networks' coverage of election...