AT&T Drops ESPN 3D, Citing High Carriage Fee
- Filling a 'Black Hole of Content' // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p10
The article reports that there is dearth of 3D content for television due to its high cost and the television network ESPN delivered its 188th live 3D telecast, the Bowl Championship Series college football.
- Bratches Vows To Keep 3DTV Needle Moving. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/6/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that television network ESPN and Disney sales and marketing executive Sean Bratches has promised to maintain the presence of three dimensional (3D) needle because of the growing consumer demand for 3D television (3DTV).
- 3-D ON TV. // Scholastic SuperScience;May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the plans of ESPN and Discovery Channel to start the world's first television channels in three-dimensional images.
- 3D UPDATE. // TV Technology;1/19/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p6
The article offers news briefs related to three dimensional (3D) television programming such as the move of the ESPN to air content for 24 hours a day the replays of televised ESPN 3D events in 3D from February 14, 2011, and start of the delivery of instant streaming of 3D films by Vudu Inc....
- CEA, ESPN TEAM FOR 3DTV. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;8/23/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the collaboration between the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), ESPN and others to promote three-dimensional television (3DTVS) in the U.S. from September 10 to 12, 2010.
- 3DTV: No Tech Windfall. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p3
The article reports that the rise of three-dimensional television (3DTV) have little effect on the delivery of 3D content by operators such as ESPN and DirecTV Inc.
- More 3D Set With DirecTV To Carry ESPN In June. TARR, GREG // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/5/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p4
The article announces that DirecTV has agreed to carry ESPN 3D in its 3D line-up beginning June 11, 2010.
- ESPN research lab uses hard science to bust stereo myths. COHEN, DAVID S. // Daily Variety;11/10/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 28, p12
The article reports on the findings of the survey conducted by Disney Media Networks and ESPN television network using strict scientific methods like infrared gear for measuring eye gaze and electrodermal measurements to depict arousal and dial testing for measuring discomfort showing viewer...
- Sony Extends Sponsorship of ESPN 3D. // CD Computing News;Aug2011, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on Sony Electronics's sponsorship extension of ESPN's 3 dimensional (3D) sports network for one more year particularly the production of the Summer X Games and the regular college football season. Sony Electronics based in SanDiego, California is a provider of audio/video...