DirecTV Sub Adds Hit an All-Time Low
- In defense of gradualism. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/19/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p3
The authors reflect on the trend of increasing stock prices in the U.S. They refused to directly comment on the increase though they disclosed that their cash positions were lowered to a ten-percent range. They said that a reconfirmed increase on stocks does not prevent a correction nor signals...
- DirecTV Unveils 2010 Strategy. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;12/6/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p4
The article focuses on a growth strategy created by DirecTV for 2011. The strategy includes implementing price increases, capturing revenue from revamped products and cutting programming costs. Noted is the success of DirecTV in meeting its target number off new domestic customers in 2010....
- FOCUS LIST. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/15/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 33, p5
A table is presented which provides data stock growth and performance of several companies including Agilent Technologies Inc., DirecTV Inc., and Exxon Mobil Corp.
- CableFAX Week in Review. // CableFAX Daily;7/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 128, p4
Reports on the stock performance of cable television and technology companies in the U.S. for a week ending June 30, 2006. DirectV; Cablevision; Grupo Televisa; Microsoft.
- Churn, Baby, Churn. // CableFAX Daily;11/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 215, p1
The article provides information on the financial performance of DirecTV as of November 2005. There has been a decrease in its shares. Total number of customers who subscribed during the third quarter is 1.1 million. Average profit per subscriber has increased to $68.85.
- Pegasus down a peg as DirecTV suit dies. Chaney, Lindsay // Daily Variety;5/17/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the decrease of stocks of Pegasus Communications Corp. after a federal judge dismissed all pending lawsuits related to a contract dispute between Pegasus and DirecTV in the U.S. Stipulation on the end of contract with DirecTV; Sale of DirecTV service in rural areas; Maintenance of...
- Quadrix fine-tuned. // Dow Theory Forecasts;7/26/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 30, p1
The article reports on the changes made to the Quadrix stock-rating system in the U.S. on June 30, 2010. Changes include the increase in the weight assigned to Value which has been the most effective category score, the reduction in the weight for Financial Strength and the increase in the...
- An extension of price improvement debate: The case of American Depository Receipts (ADRs). Nikbakht, Ehsan; Shahrokhi, Manuchehr // Global Finance Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p317
Abstract: We empirically test whether the change in minimum stock price variation (shifting from the eighth to sixteenth) in the late 90s in NYSE, followed by a system of full decimalization had any significant price improvement on the American Depository Receipts (ADRs). The trade data for...
- Stock returns following large 1-month declines and jumps: Evidence of overoptimism in the German market. Ising, Jan; Schiereck, Dirk; Simpson, Marc W.; Thomas, Thomas W. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Sep2006, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p598
Abstract: We analyze the short-run and long-run performance of the largest 100 German firms that experience monthly stock price changes of more than ï¿½20% between 1990 and 2003. The results indicate that the return patterns following large price increases are consistent with the overreaction...