Comcast Posts Solid Q2
- The Heightened Need To Value Servicing Accurately. Healy, Tom // Mortgage Banking;Jun2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p95
Focuses on the need to value mortgage loan servicing accurately in the U.S. Result of the lack of market prices; Occurrence of impairment losses; Projection of cash flow predicated on historical actual cash flow performance.
- Editor's Notebook. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the third-quarter loss of the Enron Corp. Failure of the company to issue debt to fund short-term cash flow; Investment of Enron in the broadband; Occurrence of cash flow liquidity crisis.
- Losses Force Restructuring at Ryerson Tull, Worthington. // Metal Center News;Mar2002, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the business losses of Ryerson Tull Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Consolidation of two service center operations; Improvements in handling workforce; Statistics of the operating losses on the company; Inflation in cash flows and cost structure.
- Other-Than-Temporary Impairment: Identifying the Amount of Credit Loss. Rees, Thomas; Ruta, Dustin // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p31
The article discusses the accounting rules for assessing other-than-temporary impairment (OTTI) and how to identify the amount of credit loss. It provides a summary of the impairment guidance for assessing OTTI for investments in debt securities with emphasis on conducting the quantitative...
- The Association Between Big 6 Auditor Industry Expertise and the Asymmetric Timeliness of Earnings. Krishnan, Gopal V. // Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance;Summer2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p209
The accounting profession is facing a credibility crisis precipitated by the failure of several high-profile companies and the alleged failure of their auditors to detect and persuade their clients to recognize economic losses in earnings in a timely fashion. Investors, regulators, analysts, and...
- Wornick Woes: Food Company Starved For Liquidity. // High Yield Report;4/16/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that Cincinnati, Ohio-based food company Wornick Co. is experiencing a problem on its cash inflow and financial performance. The company's problem on liquidity was brought by a series of setbacks including a reported operating loss of $4.7 million in 2006 and a late filing of...
- ANNUL REPORT 2010. // Banking Ireland;Spring2011, Vol. 115 Issue 1, following p12
The article presents the annual financial report of the Institute of Bankers in Ireland from 2009-2010. It also offers information on the activities of the institute from 2009-2010. Moreover, it presents several charts depicting the institute's financial standing including the income and...
- Storing Cash. Anderson, Jocelyn // FN: Footwear News;8/24/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 32, p19
The article offers tips on how retailers reduce losses and improve cash flows. It mentions that retailers should improve their bottom lines and must reduce inventory level for better cash flows. It also notes that turnover should be improved and contracts, leases, and other agreements must be...
- Exploring heart of darkness. Hasenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;4/26/2004, p20
Reports on the financial performance of South Africa-based Industrial Credit Co. Africa. Losses incurred in the year which ended on December 2003; Negative cash flow.