New Use Is an Old Story
- App to Be True. Gager, Russ // Retail Merchandiser;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on the popularity of the application Talking Friends, which is estimated to have been downloaded into smartphones, iPads, and other devices more than 325 million times. Characters such as Talking Tom Cat, Talking Ben the Dog, and Gina the Giraffe appear on the screen of the...
- Check your licensing for staff gadgets. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;1/10/2012, p7
The article discusses the need for information technology (IT) departments to consider the terms of their software licenses before allowing staff members to bring their own devices to work. The article examines Microsoft enterprise agreements (EAs), which can require that iPads and smartphones...
- Photo agencies spar with People over iPad use. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter;8/18/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the photo agencies withhelding their products to be featured on Apple Inc.'s iPad without additional compensation from the magazine "People." It mentions the interest of New York bureau chief at World Entertainment News Network Jill Stempel to join the agency alliance...
- Hooked on Comics. RAUGUST, KAREN // Publishers Weekly;9/24/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 39, p24
The article discusses comic books for children. Many attribute growing interest in the genre to the success of titles such as "Babymouse" and "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Digital distribution has helped fuel growth as well, with sales of books on devices such as the iPad tablet computer said to be...
- Europe's license law. // Chemical Week;8/2/95, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the European Commission's renewal of two laws on technology licensing arrangements until the end of 1995.
- LMDS explosion. Levine, Shira // Telephony;3/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p6
Discusses the limitation of obtaining licenses of the local exchange carriers (LECs) for the LMDS spectrum. Activation of cable as non-video competitor and telephony as video competitor; Contradiction of the order to the intents of Telecommunications Reform Act; Analysis on the amortization of...
- Hingassa to represent surface combustion. // Industrial Heating;Dec96, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p35
Focuses on the product and technology license agreement between Surface Combustion and Hingassa Hornos Ingenieria Gas SA of Spain. Hingassa's representation of Surface in Spain and in Portugal; Terms of the agreement.
- PCS auctions resume with plenty more to come. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/13/97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the restart of the personal communications services (PCS) license auction in 1997. Which blocks are involved in the auction; Information on bidding activity; Statements from PCS analyst, Taylor Simmons; Top 10 bidders by total dollars.
- Brands, and licenses of longevity. Siegel, Seth M. // Brandweek;9/11/95, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p21
Opinion. Comments on the illogicality behind product licensing agreements. Adoption of brand name product's credo of longevity; Licensor's negotiation of two-year initial term; Control of product innovation and advertising budget.