BEST OF MULTICHANNEL.COM
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;05/03/99, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p3
Presents news briefs on media in the United States as of May 3, 1999. Condition of daily newspaper circulation according to Audit Bureau of Circulations; Information on the acquisition agreement between United News and Media and CMP Media; Details on the first public demonstration of WETA-TV,...
- Media firms keep pink slips coming. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;2/5/2009, Vol. 408 Issue 23, p1
The article reports that media and entertainment firms in the U.S. have continued to announce job cuts since the beginning of the year 2009. Time Warner Cable Inc. has announced that it will eliminate 1,250 positions in the coming weeks. Jobs have also been eliminated by companies such as Warner...
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;03/13/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p6
Presents news briefs related to mass media in the United States as of March 13, 2000. Extension of the retransmission negotiations of ABC with Time Warner; Decline in the stock of Procter & Gamble; Planned retirement of Representative Tom Bliley, chairman of the House Commerce Committee.
- BREAKINGâ€¦. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 30, p5
Presents news briefs on the U.S. mass media industry as of July 26, 2004. Termination of the joint venture between Belo Corp. and Time Warner Cable; Appointment of Chuck Thompson as senior vice president of the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/29/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p26
Presents an update on personnel changes in the U.S. media industry as of September 29, 2003. Additions to the board of directors of WHYY-TV station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Promotion of Brian Benschoter at Time Warner Cable Inc. in Austin, Texas; Appointment of Mike Cerre at ABC News.
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;6/17/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p3
Presents an update on the media industry in the U.S. as of June 17, 2002. Appointment of David Ferm at Primedia Inc.; Terms of the distribution deal betweenTime Warner Cable Inc. and the Tennis Channel; Number of television advertising spots sold by American Broadcasting Co. for the 2003 Super...
- The BUSINESS BEAT. Klein, Ed // Hudson Valley Business Journal;2/25/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
The article offers business news briefs. CH Energy Group Inc. totaled $2.70 per share in 2007, compared to the $2.73 per share posted during 2006. Time Warner Cable Inc. signs up 3 million phone customer that solidifies them as the nation's 7th largest phone provider. The Depository Trust &...
- In Brief. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p7
The article offers U.S. news briefs. Former associate dean doctor Todd J. Leach is inaugurated as Granite State College's fourth president. Chief executive officer of Time Warner Cable Inc., Glenn Britt is elected to the FIRST board of directors. Unitil Corp. first annual rate increase begins on...
- HISPANIC NEWS ROUNDUP. Martinez, Laura // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p31
The article offers news briefs related to multimedia communications in the U.S. Time Warner Cable Inc. has confirmed that it will carry WAPA America effective July 2008. Mun2 is relaunching its social networking site to include more interactive and networking features for users. Fox Sports en...