The Language of CDNs
- Get in the Multiscreen Game. schumacher-rasmussen, Eric // Streaming Media;Aug/Sep2013, p20
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including streaming media innovation, Internet content and intellectual property.
- Streaming Media Essentials. // AV Technology;Nov2015, Vol. 8 Issue 9, pA11
The article focuses on video streaming and includes information on streaming application and the purpose of streaming content to the audience.
- NeuLion Digital Platform: Adding DASH In All The Riaht Places. // Streaming Media;Sep2015, Vol. 12 Issue 6, pWP78
The article offers information on the NeuLion Digital Platform content management system from NeuLion that has added the Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH), also known as MPEG-DASH streaming media standard.
- Content Boom Also a Boon to Akamai. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p37
The article reports on the impact of broadband services on the performance of the Cambridge, Massachusetts-based Akamai Technologies Inc. as an Internet content provider. The company has been supplying about two-thirds of the top 30 media companies and has increased its streaming media network...
- HbbTV embraces MPEG DASH. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;4/ 9/2012, p3
The article reports on the incorporation of the Moving Picture Experts Group-dynamic adaptive streaming over hypertext transfer protocol (MPEG-DASH HTTP) adaptive streaming standard into the latest version of the specification of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband television (HbbTV) consortium. With...
- The State of Streaming Media and Entertainment 2012: Consumers Want It All. Dreier, Troy // Streaming Media;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p24
The article lists a variety of media and entertainment consumptions of the streaming media and mentions BitTorrent as a source to cover them all. The streaming content is getting easily accessible, whether it may be a connected living room setup or a mobile device. The growth of an online...
- Content Delivery Networks. Robinson, Dom // Streaming Media;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p138
The article provides information on content delivery network (CDN) with respect to pricing in the streaming media industry. Each CDN possesses an online video platform (ODP) of its own which provides content management and user interfaces. Also some form of relationship with advertising partners...
- Live Streaming Services. Ozer, Jan // Streaming Media;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p156
The article discusses the live streaming services with a focus on costs and supported business models, types of content and features that can be included in the stream, supported playback platforms and embedding options and ancillary services provided by the vendor. Livestreaming is supported by...
- JAMAN ADDS MORE CONTENT. Lee, Michael // Home Media Magazine;12/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on a partnership between Jaman.com and 60Frames. The agreement involves the distribution of original Internet content worldwide and via advertisement-supported streaming.