CTO Jay Rolls Rides Over to Charter from Cox
- Kent ankles Charter over merger flap. DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;9/25/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the resignation of Jerald Kent as chief executive officer of Charter Communications following a dispute with controlling shareholder Pull Allen over the cabler's proposed combination with RCN, another Allen-owned cable outfit.
- Charter CEO Kent leaves suddenly; stock price dives. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;9/25/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the resignation of Charter Communications president and chief executive officer Jerald Kent. Effectivity date; Lack of explanation for the sudden departure; Dismissal of published reports regarding Kent's dismissal; Career highlights.
- CHARTER'S LOSS. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/1/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p1
Reports the decision of Charter Communications Inc. president and chief executive officer Jerry Kent not to continue his contract with the company. Overview of Kent's impressive track record; Disagreement between Kent and Charter chairman Paul Allen; Decrease of the stock price after Kent's...
- Charter's COO Out 'On Paid Leave.' Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p2
Reports that the Charter Communications Inc. has placed its executive vice president and chief operating officer David Barford on paid leave. Reason for the decision of the company regarding the leave of the executive; Controversies in the company's decision; Professional background of Barford.
- Nathanson goes back to work. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/1/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 41, p16
Reports the replacement of Jerry Kent by Marc Nathanson as chairman of Charter Communications. Partnership with shareholder Paul Allen and financial lieutenant Bill Savoy; Personality clash between Kent, Allen and Savoy; Sale of Kent's shares.
- CHARTER TAPS BICKHAM. // Daily Variety;5/2/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 22, p12
The article announces that John Beckham has joined Charter Communications Inc. as chief operating officer for managing operations.
- Charter Ponies Up to Keep Top Execs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p99
Focuses on the decision of Charter Communications Inc. to sign long-term agreements with executives in the United States. Lists of the executives; Provisions of the deals; Amount of salary received by each executive.
- Movers. // MediaWeek;5/6/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p35
Reports on the selection and appointment of several television and radio executives in the U.S. as of May 2002. Appointment of Diane Schneiderjohn at Charter Communications; Promotion of Scott Pritchett at Clear Channel's radio cluster in Jacksonville, Florida; Position of Bob Anderson in...
- Barford Pleads Guilty on Trial Eve. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p4
Reports on the guilty plea of former Charter Communications Inc. chief operating officer David Barford to one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud. Agreement entered by Barford with federal prosecutors; Sentence faced by Barford; Other former Charter executives indicted with Barford.