Sprint, LightSquared Ink 15-Year Deal
- Heed rebanding's lessons before beginning 700 MHz broadband project. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;6/ 5/2012, p2
The article comments on the broadband rebanding process. It makes reference to a report of Sprint Nextel to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the status of its 800 megahertz (MHz) rebanding in May 2012. The author explores lessons to be learned by the government from this...
- LightSquared Taps Inmarsat L-band to Help Resolve GPS Interference Issues. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;6/22/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p2
The article reports that LightSquared Inc., which is a 4G LTE hybrid network provider, has developed an alternative deployment plan focused on the lower block of spectrum to launch its nationwide wireless broadband service in the U.S. As reported, the company is negotiating with MSS operator...
- SPRINT DEVELOPS PROGRAM WITH CCA. // Tele-Service News;Apr2014, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the program developed by wireless communications company Sprint Nextel Corp. with the Competitive Carriers Association (CCA) and Sprint's agreement with NetAmerica Alliance to accelerate the use of fourth generation Long-Term Evolution (4G LTE) across rural America. It...
- LightSquared conclusions need to be based on complete data, not leaks (with related video). Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;12/14/2011, p4
The article reports on the controversy involving the terrestrial Long-Term Evolution (LTE) broadband system of satellite company LightSquared Inc. in the U.S. News story claims that the company's proposed terrestrial LTE network has caused harmful interference to 75% of Global Positioning System...
- Taiwan Mobile selects NSN as sole supplier for its LTE-Advanced network. // 2.5G-4G;Mar2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the agreement between the wireless operator Taiwan Mobile and the mobile broadband provider Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) for the development of multi-band long-term evolution (LTE) network to Taiwan Mobile. It mentions that NSN will feature the LTE-Advanced Carrier...
- Sprint's Puerto Rican LTE launch anticipated in third quarter. // Latin America Telecom;Apr2012, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p13
The article reports on the schedule's launch of Sprint Nextel Corp. Long-Term Evolution (LTE) nework in Puerto Rico in the third quarter of 2012.
- Sprint expands Puerto Rican 4G coverage, improves 3G service. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p15
The article presents information on the expansion of the coverage of 4G long-term evolution (LTE) network of the Puerto Rican division of the telecommunications company Sprint Nextel Corp. in Puerto Rico.
- Sprint sets LTE launch date. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the first five fourth generation (4G) Long term Evolution (LTE) cities by Sprint Nextel Corp. will be launched in July 2012 in some Texas cities including Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- LightSquared to Launch Wireless Broadband Next Year. Springer, Richard // India -- West;8/6/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 37, pB9
The article discusses the move by LightSquared chief executive officer (CEO) Sanjiv Ahuja to launch wireless broadband with the use of fourth generation technology in the U.S.