BTN Creates Opening for Nebraska
- Big Ten Network Shrinks Name to Essential Letters. // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p4
The article reports that Big Ten Network shrinks its name to BTN initials and is taking its new logo and Internet site.
- Big Ten Network: Better than ESPN for women's sports? Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/2/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p10
The article announces that the Big Ten Network (BTN) will start airing women's sports coverage in the U.S. and Canada.
- Delany hasn't lost sight of the core values of college sports. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p35
The author expresses his appreciation to the efforts of Big Ten Network LLC's commissioner Jim Delany to expand the network's broad-based and highly successful programs throughout the league.
- BTN2Go App Adds Android, Ads. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 27, p4
The article offers information about the BTN2Go mobile application from the Big Ten Network LLC.
- Big Ten football is on a roll--with a couple of exceptions. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/20/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p31A
The article reports that the Big Ten Network LLC has increased salaries and support capital expenditures for football programs throughout the conference.
- Big Ten Network head talks about covering women's sports. HALLMAN, CHARLES // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/5/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 19, p10
The article presents plans of Mark Silverman, president of Big Ten Network LLC (BTN), regarding the coverage of women's sports on his network as of December 2013 and further mentions topics such as profits in covering womÂen's and men's sports and viewership of the women's program "The Journey."
- Big Ten Network Cashing in On Football. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 33, p24
The article discusses the launching of the U.S. football shows in the Big Ten Network. It states that the company generates about two-thirds of its revenue during the football season and became the current presenting sponsor of the Orange Bowl game. It notes that the network had also launch...
- ERIN HARVEGO. // Marketing News;11/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 18, p34
This article presents an interview with Erin Harvego who is the vice president of marketing for Big Ten Network. She remembers that the first marketing message she can recall is "Conjunction junction, what's your function?" from Schoolhouse Rock. She describes her career as a sports journalist...
- A Big Ten Conspiracy? // Indiana Business Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the controversy involving Big Ten Network and the alleged involvement of media tycoon Rupert Murdoch in the U.S. The author opines that industry observers believe that the launch of the Big Ten Network is designed to deny sports fans access to certain sports channels to...