CEA: Cable Failed in Retail Set-Top Plan
- Tauzin to push for faster DTV transition. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p9
Presents updates on digital television (DTV) transition in the U.S. as of July 2002. Plan of the Consumer Electronic Association to sell DTV within 18 months; Reaction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to the plan; Preparation of the draft of DTV legislation by Representative Billy...
- DTV honesty. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p10
Editorial. Criticizes two evaluations of digital television (DTV) in the United States. Results of the tests conducted by the Federal Communications Commission on DTV reception; Sales of DTV television according to the Consumer Electronics Association.
- Petitions for Reconsideration of Action in Rulemaking Proceeding. Dortch, Marlene H. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 100, p30485
The article presents information that the Consumer Electronics Association, Hearing Inc. and the company TVGuardian have filed petitions for reconsideration to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- Last Digital-TV Issues Get Resolved As Industry Gears Up For Prime Time. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;04/17/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p85
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's efforts to resolve issues related to digital television. Elimination of the need for an external set-top box; Movie studios' reluctance to allow the digital transmission of their properties; Agreement between the National Cable...
- Operators gain access to more spectrum. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;8/12/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the request of U.S. Federal Communications Commission for television (TV) manufacturers to include digital tuners in all TVs by July 1, 2007. Compatibility of digital mobile phones with hearing aids; Use of a loop set by hearing-aid users; Information on Consumer Electronics Association.
- DTV reception solutions. Cugnini, Aldo // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the findings of the NTIA digital television (DTV) converter box coupon program prepared by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission Office of Engineering and Technology (OET). It notes that the receiver performance of DTV technology improves with time. Moreover, the...
- FCC issues rules on DTV set labeling. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p18
Focuses on the rules adopted by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the labeling of digital television (DTV) receivers. Specifications for the categories of DTV receivers; Issue on copy protection licensing; Response of the Consumer Electronics Association to the FCC...
- Inside The Beltway 11/29/12. // CT Reports;11/29/2012, p1
The article offers news briefs related to the telecommunication industry as of November 2012. Brian Markwalter, vice president at the Consumer Electronics Association, along with several other notable people, presented their testimony regarding stringent spectrum standards on receivers in...
- Spectrum grab. Martin, Harry // Broadcast Engineering;Apr2011, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses the contents of the white paper submitted by the Wireless Association and the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It mentions that it aims to demonstrate that incentive auctions of 120 megahertz of broadcast television...