CEA: Cable Failed in Retail Set-Top Plan
- Tauzin to push for faster DTV transition. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;7/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p9
Presents updates on digital television (DTV) transition in the U.S. as of July 2002. Plan of the Consumer Electronic Association to sell DTV within 18 months; Reaction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to the plan; Preparation of the draft of DTV legislation by Representative Billy...
- DTV honesty. Dick, Brad // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p10
Editorial. Criticizes two evaluations of digital television (DTV) in the United States. Results of the tests conducted by the Federal Communications Commission on DTV reception; Sales of DTV television according to the Consumer Electronics Association.
- Petitions for Reconsideration of Action in Rulemaking Proceeding. Dortch, Marlene H. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;5/23/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 100, p30485
The article presents information that the Consumer Electronics Association, Hearing Inc. and the company TVGuardian have filed petitions for reconsideration to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- PCS antennas: The latest wrinkle. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p24
Focuses on the urging of the Personal Communications Industry Association to the Federal Communications Commission to preempt local actions that constitute barriers to build-out of PCS antennas. Circumstances prompting the warnings.
- PCIA says individual market test for resale is too complex. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p48
Focuses on a statement made by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) to the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the complexity of test for resale. Request made by PCIA which was rejected by the FCC; Comments from Ari Fitzgerald, legal advisor to FCC...
- FCC backs off decision on forebearance petition. // RCR;05/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p3
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has delayed a decision on a request by the Personal Communications Industry Association. Information on the request; Details on the Telecommunications Act of 1996; When the request was filed.
- FCC keeps resale but opens door for market-by-market relief. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p4
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission has rejected a request from the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) for relief from resale obligations. Problems associated with the request; Views that competitors in the mobile market are not sufficient to remove...
- PCIA: Release portability administrators' budget. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p8
Reports that the Federal Communication Commission was told to examine the annual budgets of the regional number portability administrators, to ensure these entities operate efficiently and cost are kept down, by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA). Reason wireless carriers...
- PCIA urges FCC to institute caller pays structure. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/03/98, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p13
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) urged the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC) to institute a caller pay or con-in-the-box scheme for pay-phone compensation rather than the carrier-pays scheme, taking advantage of the FCC's court decision to...