LRG: 8% of Homes With Broadband Forgo Pay TV
- Pay TV Shows Strength by Holding Steady. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;3/9/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses steady decline in the number of pay television (TV) subscribers in 2013 and 2014 as shown by a research from the market research firm Leichtman Research Group. Topics discussed include dominance of the multiple-system operator in the broadband market, addition of more...
- Cable's broadband subs outnumber video for first time. // CED;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
The article reports exceeding number of broadband subscribers than video subscribers for the U.S. cable operators in second quarter of 2014. Topics discussed include reports by Leichtman Research Group which shows 49,915,000 broadband subscriber and 49,910,000 video subscribers, account for...
- ADC to trial MMDS service with Telinor TV. // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p48
Reports that Mexico-based wireless pay-television firm Telinor Television S.A. de C.V.'s network will be integrated to ADC Telecommunications Inc.'s broadband wireless access system as part of Telinor's field trials for its business data transmission services technology.
- Pay TV operators won't pay the price. Shu-Ching Jean Chen // Telecom Asia;May2001, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p10
Focuses on a decision by several pay-television providers to withdraw from the Hong Kong, China, market. Interconnection problems and high upfront costs involved in delivering content over a broadband network; Plan by the remaining companies to bundle their services; Problems encountered by Yes...
- Taking Broadband to the Next Level. Bratches, Sean // Multichannel News;4/22/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p59
Comments on the payment of broadband Internet access by cable modem subscribers in the U.S. Acceleration of speeds for narrowband activities; Key factor for the success of broadband Internet industry; Market potential of fiber-rich digital platforms.
- Roy Morgan Internet Monitor. // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/08/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6273, p62
Presents statistics on the impact of subscription television on cable broadband access in Australia as of May 8, 2001. Leading pay TV providers; Households with cable modem broadband Internet access.
- Average Pay TV Bill Is Up 3% to $73.35 Monthly: Leichtman. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p30
The article reports on the consumer survey by Leichtman Research Group Inc. (LRG), which shows that the mean average pay of multichannel video subscribers in the U.S. is up 3% to 73.35 dollars per month.
- Telcos beat cable in broadband growth. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;8/18/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the competition faced by the cable industry from broadband Internet according to a report from Leichtman Research Group Inc. in the U.S. Claim that telephone companies are accounted for the majority of high-speed Internet subscriber additions; Subscriber advantage of cable companies...
- NTL tops broadband. // Daily Variety;11/20/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 57, p6
Reports the number of broadband subscribers of cable operator NTL in Great Britain.