DARPA Solicits for Cyber Fast Track Program
- Back to nature. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May/Jun1997, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency contract with variety of organizations for the development of miniature airplanes. Design features of miniature airplanes; Advantages of the airplane design.
- DASA bounces back. Davidson, Brian // Interavia Business & Technology;Apr97, Vol. 52 Issue 608, p9
Examines US Defense Atomic Support Agency (DASA) recovery program and its effect on the rise in net income of United States commercial aeronautic industry. Statistics on the net income of DASA; Reasons for DASA's improved performance.
- DARPA eyes photonics advanced R&D. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency's (DARPA) plan to spend $15 million for research on ultra-photonic device technologies for high-capacity computers and communication systems.
- DARPA low power program aims at mobile applications. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's (DARPA) lead in the research on Low Power Electronics (LPE). Goal of LPE; Probe into the use of silicon on insulation as mainstream substrate material; SOI wafer production techniques. INSET: DARPA's low power program..
- DARPA pursues elusive C2 `system of systems'. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Aug96, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p6
Reports on US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's Battlefield Awareness and Data Dissemination program. Maximization of the use of commercial off-the-shelf technology.
- DARPA eyes trillion-transistor image processor. Rhea, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec96, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the research plan of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) for a three-year program aimed at achieving trillion-transistor levels of integration for real-time image processing devices. Research schedule; Budget allocated for the research; Other research programs...
- Darpa eyes Helo UAV. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/8/1998, Vol. 148 Issue 23, p24
Offers details of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency's sponsorship of an endurance unmanned helicopter system. How the project would help meet United States Navy and Marine Corps requirements for littoral and urban warfare; Details of the program; Design of the helicopter;...
- Introducing -- The Defense Performance Review. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Spring94, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p9
Presents an interview with the people making up the Defense Performance Review (DPR), its organization and establishment, its goals, its relations to the National Performance Review (NPR), and its interfacings with the rest of the Department of Defense (DoD). INSETS: National performance review...
- Supercomputer applications. // R&D Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p77
Focuses on the $19 million dollar, eighteen month award to implement and evaluate defence-related applications for computers given by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in the United States. Reference to University of California at San Diego and the San Diego Supercomputing...